Tuesday, November 7, 2017

First Full Week of November

I still have a hard time making decisions on a menu when I have a lot of options. I hashed out one on Sunday night that is varied and makes use of a lot of the produce I picked up over the weekend.





These pickups plus doing our monthly grocery shopping means the fridge looks like normal again and not a barren waste land.
I did not buy a bunch of cool-whip. A lady at our church made a batch of coleslaw for me because she knows I love hers. It was a bit more than I was expecting to take home.

 This is the menu I came up with for this week.


Sunday:
Breakfast: cinnamon rolls
Lunch: Potluck at church so lots of goodness
Dinner: fajitas

Monday:
Breakfast: leftover donut
Lunch: salami and cheese and a pear
Dinner: Herb crusted Pork Chops from Eat Yourself Skinny along with baked potatoes and coleslaw. These were yummy although I will confess to sabotaging the low fat portion of this recipe. I was cooking bacon to have on our potatoes so I used the bacon grease already in the pan instead of olive oil. It may be why my breading came out much darker than the picture. Phillip grabbed a chop out of the pan that was thinner than the others so he said it had good flavor but was a bit dry.




Tuesday:
Breakfast: leftover donut
Lunch: peanut butter and jelly, chips
Dinner: BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken by Plain Chicken, roasted carrots with ranch seasoning and steamed corn.  This one was really good and will likely be on the menu again.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: leftover donut followed by a muffin
Lunch: peanut butter and jelly, chips and blackberries
Dinner:Chicken Gnocchi soup with hot chocolate and garlic bread
Thursday:
Breakfast: Biscuit
Lunch: Club sandwich and sweet potato fries with a friend
Dinner: Shrimp with grits from The weekend gourmet .  Made this  to use up leftover corn and bacon. I will not make it again. There is way to much grease in the grits. The butter is literally standing in the pan


Friday:
Breakfast: Biscuit
Lunch: Thanksgiving feast at work
Dinner:Slow Cooker Korean ribs from It is a Keeper with steamed rice and green beans.

Saturday:
Breakfast: Biscuits
Lunch: Burger out with the family
Dinner: Pizza at friend's birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment