Friday, November 20, 2015

Books Oct 30th Through Nov 19th

After finishing M Train I was still in the queue for In Cold Blood so I went ahead and listened to Room. Not the best book I have ever listened to but I really did like it as disturbing as it was. After I finished Room I discovered another book I had in print was available on audio so I listened to Hand to Mouth: Living in Bootstrap America. Another book I am on the fence over. It is totally her view of living in poverty and I respect that. It is not the view I have but again I have never made some of the decisions she did.  After finishing that one I had nothing else to listen to. I am on the waiting list for several and with my luck they will all come up at once.


In print I finished Gardening with Nature in Texas which I found almost a waste of time. It really could have been condensed to a pamphlet that told me other sources for information.  After I finished that one I picked up Pastrix which I absolutely love. It was a really quick read, but full of information and thought provoking points. It was an inter library loan so I had to jump it in line ahead of other books because it can not be renewed. I did read a ton of kids books with Logan during this, we try to read 2 every night. After Pastrix I read Forbidden Hunger which is a new series by an author that I like. I really prefer the other series she writes, this one did not have enough character development.  It was a really quick as in 1 day read so I am back to Your Money or Your Life and The Great Beanie Baby Bubble.


I am pretty confident that I will not be able to clean everything off my currently reading list but I still going to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment