Friday, June 5, 2015

Dinner on a Thursday and Life Lessons for Logan

Last night I fixed hamburgers for dinner with baked beans. I have not made baked beans from scratch in a long time so it was nice to make them again. I used up the last 4 hamburger patties we had in the freezer from memorial day. I do have some more turkey burgers but think those will remain on hold for a little while. There were no beans left and just 1 patty which I think Phillip may eat today.

The life lesson for Logan last night started with him launching frisbees over the fence into 2 different neighbor's yards. I originally told him we would have to go ask the next day and see if we could go in their yards to get them back. It was still light outside and Phillip offered to keep the tiny one company while he was in the bath so I could walk Logan to each neighbor's door. His lesson was he had to ask on his own if he could get the frisbee out of their yard and then tell them thank you. The first neighbor just went to get it and brought it to him, the second neighbor just threw it back over the fence. I had to explain to him that we have nice neighbors but there was a chance that he would not have got his frisbees back.

Logan also wants to expand his play area in the backyard so he drew up some plans. They are pretty ambitious including a faucet. I told him that there was a lot of work ahead of us to get the back yard cleaned up and play areas made and he said ok so we will see how long he hangs with me on this!

Here is a picture of his current play area made from recycled materials I traded for,

the rock area has grown do he can use his front loader and dump truck to haul the rocks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment