Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Being a Mom and Using Your Birthday Money

My mom had sent me some birthday money and she kept calling me to ask if I had spent it yet. I told her several times I was going to use it for a pedicure which if you have seen my feet you will understand. If I am not required to wear shoes then I do not, meaning I am barefoot most of my evenings and weekends. My feet are callused enough that I walked to the mailbox with Logan on pavement when it was 90 degrees outside and did not even feel it. Anyway the day set aside for my pedicure was last Friday and if you have checked out the blog then you noticed instead of getting a pedicure and possibly an eyebrow wax because they are also scary I took Logan out for the day. My mom of course is indignant because I was supposed to spend the money on myself. This of course made me think through the day and I do not regret my decision, of course I would love to get a pedicure but I enjoyed my day with Logan. I also remember my mom one year spending her birthday money on some clothes for us at Goodwill when she went there to find something for herself. Priorities change when you are a parent and I am thinking I can probably survive without the pedicure, heck I can probably find 101 tips on pinterest to give myself one.

This memory makes me want to send my mom a gift card so she can go buy herself some clothes now but I know her and she would probably find somebody else something while she was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment