Monday, June 8, 2015

Books June 3rd through June 8th

It was a busy book week. A couple were recipe books that I just perused.

First was The 5:30 Challenge, I liked this one although I am not sure I liked it enough to purchase it. All the recipes had 5 ingredients or less and would be ready in 30 minutes. It was a great premise for working moms but again I am not sure if there were enough recipes that I would actually make in the book.

The second I checked out knowing I should not. I did not like her other books so I am not sure why I went ahead and checked this one out. The $5 Dinner Mom is just a book that I can not get behind.

I did finish listening to Nobody's Cuter than You. This book was funny in spots and sad in others but not really what I thought it was going to be based on the blurb I read before checking it out. I also found the author pretentious in places and for me that is a complete turn off. This is another book I also did not realize was from a blogger. This is a bad habit I need to break!

Dear Teenager If You Only Knew was another short book I finished in a couple of sittings. I have mixed feelings on this one. There was some good advice to teens and some that was way to specific to the author's personal views such as be good in this life so when you come back you will have a good base and do not eat meat because it is contaminating your body.

I finished 12 Steps to a Compassionate Life and I can not stress enough how much this book has touched my life. I will purchase this book soon and start over from the beginning so I can try the 12 steps applied to my life.

I started and finished This is Ridiculous This is Amazing. Another blogger who was published.....The difference this time is that he did not try to write a story that was a bunch of blogs connected in a nonsensical way. The book was set up as 71 lists on all parenting areas. I found the book funny and easy to read.

I was listening to The Job but it was due before I could finish, I am next in line to check it out again.

Currently I am listening to I Heart My Little A-Holes which again is a blogger who wrote a book. This one is amusing so far, we will see how I feel in a couple more days of listening to it.

Since I finished the This is Ridiculous book at lunch and still had some time I picked The September Society back up and will try to finish it before it is due. I really liked the first in this series and I am not far enough into this one yet to know how it will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment