Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Amazing Dinners From This Weekend....Pictures are not Good

Sooo considering how close to the end of the month and end of the food in the freezer we are at my house I think we had some pretty good meals over the weekend.

Saturday night we had teriyaki marinated grilled pork loin. I used this method for grilling the loin and it was amazing! It had a nice char to the exterior and the interior was moist and perfectly done. I served this with baked sweet potatoes. Below is a bad picture of the yummy dinner taken from my cell phone.





Sunday we had brunch at church to celebrate Father's day and tried to get naps when we got home but that did not work out. I worked on my list which I will post later to show how little of that I managed to get done. Dinner was a stir fry using up some of the leftover pork loin. I found these amazing noodles at Sprouts, they were listed here from my first of the month grocery shopping trip and they really made the meal.


I started with some butter and olive oil in the pan, once the butter was melted I threw in an egg and then "scrambled" it. After the egg I put some chopped baby carrots we had hanging out in the fridge on to cook since I knew they would take the longest. The next addition was some mushrooms that needed to be used up so they would sweat down. After those cooked for a little bit I added some leftover steamed broccoli and then the chopped up pork loin just to warm. Meanwhile the noodles were blanching in a pot of boiling water to soften them up. They were the next to last addition to the pan. Final addition was a little bit of teriyaki sauce and we had this yumminess! The left overs came to lunch with me the next day and disappeared quickly.

Last night I was trying to come up with something to use up the last of the pork loin and just had nothing. Looking at things I have made in the past and liked I came back to this recipe for baked gnocchi with bacon, tomatoes and mozzarella. There was some bacon leftover from the brinner we had a few nights ago, at least I thought. Once I got home and started looking for it I was told it was consumed. I was fixated on the recipe so I just got some more bacon out of the freezer and cooked up 4 more slices. The picture below is again not so great since it was taken with my cell phone.
The leftovers went in the fridge and if Phillip did not eat them today then they will be coming up here with me for lunches. Today I brought another of the leftover hotdogs trying to eat them all  before they need to be tossed.

I have been thinking about dinner tonight as I need to use up the remaining pork loin and over the next couple of nights I will have to cook the rest of the package of bacon I opened. There are also a few more mushrooms that need to be used and a smidge more tomato sauce that I do not want to waste.

It seems odd but when I need to get creative with dinners and ingredients we seem to eat better. Might be because I dig out recipes from books and pinterest or just that these are the type dishes we really like. All I know is I need to get 8 more dinners with the left over pork loin, 8 chicken thighs, a package of salmon and a package of hot dogs. Let the creative juices flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment