Thursday, June 4, 2015

New June Totals and Sprouts Shopping Trip

I stopped by Sprouts on the way home last night to do the majority of this month's grocery shopping. I have decided Wednesday is the best day to go because they overlap ads on Wednesdays. The downside is this happens to be one of their busier days because of the double ads. 

Sprouts trip:
1&1/2 pounds cherries
~3 pounds pink lady apples
~1 pound pears
1 head garlic
1&1/2 pounds peaches
1/2 pound fresh green beans
2&1/2 pounds grapes
1/4 pound jalapenos
1&1/2 pounds nectarines
1 pound sweet potatoes
1/2 pound oranges
8 ears corn

1 pkg soba noodles
2 bags potato chips
1 bag tortilla chips
2 chuck roasts
1 pork tenderloin
1 loaf garlic bread

1 bottle dish detergent
1 fabric softener
1 laundry detergent
1 bar soap

 subtotal:                                          $48.48 SNAP
                                                         $14.55 Cash

Totals:     $48.48 SNAP
                $64.43 Cash

I need to work on my menu using all the fruits and veggies I have purchased. Tonight I plan on cutting up the pineapples and washing the other fruit as well as working on the menu.

Originally forgot to post that I ended up making Jolean's Chesse Potato Smoked Sausage Casserole last night with 3 of the smaller potatoes, the leftover cheese sauce and the leftover sausage I had on hand. I skipped the first few steps because I had the cheese sauce and I omitted the paprika. I am not sure why but it was especially good served with garlic bread. There was only a smidge leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment