Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day off Work with Logan and the busy weekend.

Friday I had asked off work to go to an outdoor event Logan's school was going to have that morning. The event was postponed for the second time because of the rain but since it was the last time for quite awhile I was going to have relief at work I still took the day off. Up until that morning my plan was to take Logan to school and I would go use my birthday money to get a pedicure and grocery shop. I would then pick up Logan from school and we could go do something together. That morning however Phillip asked if I was going to keep him out and initially I said no and then he said I thought you were going to take him on a "field trip". I caved and kept Logan out only I did not initially tell him or we would have never left the house. Actually I told him we needed to hurry so we would have time to go get donuts. He hurried surprisingly and did not seem to notice at all when we left the house without his backpack.

We finished at the donut place way past when he needed to be at school but he was still clueless. Sometimes not having a watch has benefits. As we were pulling out of the parking lot and headed in the opposite direction of his school he finally asked and I told him he was having a mama/Logan day without Clark. It was exciting news for him and so we continued to our next stop which was the unglamorous Winco since it was still too early to go to the museum and I figured we might as well knock an errand off the list. He helped me pick up the items we needed/that were on an amazing sale plus a box of fruit snacks that he wanted. After checking out at the store, which in case you are wondering I did have a cooler bag with an ice pack in it in my trunk for the 1 item (cheese) we bought that needed to be refrigerated. After leaving here we ran next door (practically) to the Racetrac so I could fill my cup. I have more than paid for that cup 4 times over at this point and we still have 2 months to go on the promotion. After that quick in and out of the gas station we headed toward the museum. Getting there went faster than I thought so we went to the botanic gardens and walked around even though it was misting a bit. I snapped this awesome picture of Logan peering in the pond looking for frogs. He calls the lilypads, lilyfrogs which I find cute.
We were only in the gardens for a short period of time and then we went to the museum. He was excited as he kept asking to go to a museum before he knew what one held. I went ahead and added IMAX tickets to our purchase so we could watch a film on tornadoes, something else that he loves. The museum we went to had some great hands on exhibits for the kids which he loved. We played construction worker and train conductor.

After I pulled him away from the trains so we could see the snakes they have and another favorite thing DINOSAURS!

I could go on and on with the exhibits he loved but you get the idea. There were 2 things I discovered about my child that I did not know until this point which also pointed out that he is sooo my child. He is afraid of heights as I am. I discovered this when I was trying to show him some fountains from the second floor windows of the museum. He told me that I was trying to push him out the windows and he was scared so we had to talk about that. This is something I understood so when passing the windows the rest of the day I put him on the inside of me. The second was he was afraid to walk down the stairs, this is because of the fear of heights. I am usually ok unless I can see through the stairs and then I start to panic that I am going to plummet to my death as the stairs somehow give way. Talking through this with Logan as we walked down the stairs helped both of us I think. He almost wanted to bail on the movie because of the stairs and how loud it was at the beginning. He toughed it out though and enjoyed the movie which I knew he would since he has a deep fascination with tornadoes. After leaving the IMAX we went to the planetarium show since I love those normally and Logan likes to look at the stars. This show was seriously disappointing and I will have to find a better one to take him to. By the time we had done all of this is was late afternoon and we were both hungry so on to Chick-Fil-A we went. This allowed him to eat and play some more with other kids while it allowed me to eat and read a good portion of the book I had in my purse. We left the restaurant and then went to Target to pick up a prescription I had called in and a couple of hotwheels for him. After Target we went to the library and he played on the computer for a little bit and then talked to his favorite librarian. Leaving the library we completed one more stop at Kroger to pick up some bananas and some food for the tiny one. While there we discovered they had marked their Florida's natural orange juice down to 99 cents a container so I stocked up on that! I also decided that I was worn out so I picked up a rotisserie chicken, which by the way you can not use SNAP to purchase because it is hot and is considered prepared food. It does not matter that it is the same price as an uncooked chicken and that I can still make upwards of 5 meals with the meat and stock from the bones...I still have to pay for it. At this point I did not care, I bought the chicken and we headed home so he could tell dada about his day and I could get dinner ready. While out a trade had been completed on the porch. I loaned one of Phillip's suit jackets out for a couple rolls of paper towels which were pretty desperately needed.

Dinner was chicken, steamed corn and a green salad. The chicken was immediately broken down and the carcass was put into the crockpot along with some water, carrots and celery still hanging out from my last basket and some herbs. I let the stock cook overnight and strained it on Saturday evening. It produced 8 cups of really richly colored stock that I put up in the freezer for future use. I put it up in (2) 2 cup containers as well as (1) 4 cup container.

Saturday we got up and did a few things around the house while Phillip went to test with another department. After a bit the kids and I went over to a friend's house so she and I could visit and Logan could play with her son. They were having way too much fun and getting Logan to leave was not the easiest thing ever. Of course it was past lunch time and we had not eaten so I took the to McDonald's for a cheap meal and more play time for Logan and even Clark. Clark is now mobile enough to cruise around the tiny tot area with the other kiddos while Logan plays with the older kids. After leaving McDonald's we did a drive by drop off at the library. Phillip had finished his test and was out weedeating the church's property. By the time he got home he was in pretty intense pain so he tried to just shower and take it easy. Logan had napped after the day's adventure and so he helped me make some popsicles from the orange juice we bought and then he was off to play some more. For dinner that night I used some of the chicken from Friday night as well as the leftover corn, a couple of eggs, some frozen asparagus, snow peas and broccoli as well as some dried onions and garlic to make a stir fry. It was actually stir fried rice as I cooked some brown rice and put it in the pan also. It was good although the brown rice does give it a chewier texture than white rice.

Sunday morning we went to church and had lunch with Loralee's family as usual and then headed home. The kids and I decided to go outside so Logan could write on the driveway with chalk for a few minutes and then he wanted to go for a walk. I need more exercise in my life but I am never sure where to fit it in so this was a good idea to me. Off on the walk we headed! Once home I left Logan watching a show on lions and took Clark to Kroger with me to do a return. We of course ended up picking up a couple of items because I randomly remembered Logan's last snack day of pre-k is Wednesday. The evening was pretty normal once we got home and got the stuff from Kroger put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment