Monday, June 22, 2015

Taking Kroger off the List

I have been loyal to Kroger for a lot longer than I should have been. They were my first employer and I just felt a "kinship" with them. That has come to a painfully slow stop and I will not be shopping there anymore. The store in my neighborhood has just become more and more ridiculous and the policies do nothing to serve the customers. The service has been bad enough that I have written and called corporate only to have them throw a couple of dollars at it but nothing changes on the store level. Standing in line at customer service to get something fixed every time I go to the store is just a complete waste of my time. Also having the cashier announce out loud every time I check out that such and such was on WIC is just insulting and unnecessary. I know what is on WIC, that is why it was in my cart in the first place. Last night the nail in the coffin was being told I could not use a rebate check because I was not "paying" for the items. So because I am using SNAP I am not allowed to use rebate checks? Soo, I should spend more money than necessary because the cashier thinks it is not "my" money? This after the same cashier told me I could not use coupons on the sale items. Just done.

Want to also point out that when I say I am not going back somewhere I do not go back. I have not been to Auto Zone in 13 years, Best Buy in 12 and Wal-Mart in 5. Kroger has now been added to this list. There is no shortage of other stores to grocery shop at in my area so I will patronize them and the farmer's market in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment