Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June Totals and Menu Items

The totals for June stack up as follows:

Target: (visit on Friday when I picked up RX)
2 boxes of fruit snacks from clearance rack                                       
Package of 4 fresh turkey burger patties also on clearance                
subtotal:                                                                                                $5.75 

Kroger: (Sunday visit)
2 jars of baby food
1 pkg candy(Free Friday download)
2 pkgs pecan rolls
1 pkg fresh broccoli and carrots 
1 bottle of lemonade tea (Free Friday download)
3 boxes baby cereal
1 pkg lunch meat sliced chicken
4 cases soda ( I know bad for me and unnecessary)
1 case water ( Logan's snack day)
subtotal:                                                                                               $25.74

Kroger ( Tuesday visit)
4 boxes fruit snacks ( Logan's snack day)
42 jars baby food
1 bottle of saline nasal spray
2 pineapples
1 pkg mushrooms
1 pkg flake coconut
1 pkg smoked sausage
1 bunch of mixed fresh herbs
subtotal:                                                                                               $18.39

Total thus far:

cash: $49.88
SNAP: $0


Monday night I was trying to use more of the rotisserie chicken so I fixed this  Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta dish but added the chicken right before the cooked pasta since it just needed to warm. It was just a touch tangy but it was good, other than cutting the tomato paste I am not sure how I would get rid of the tang.  There was a bit of chicken left and I decided to just give it to Turbo our dog. The next day I regretted that decision because it was enough that I could have made chicken salad for my lunch. Live and learn though.

Tuesday night I cooked the smoked sausage I purchased earlier in the evening and steamed the broccoli from the fresh broccoli and carrots mix I had purchased on clearance Sunday. I made a cheese sauce to go over the broccoli which is always yummy. Phillip ate all the broccoli so none of it to make over but I am thinking of making a version Jolean's Cheese Potato Smoked Sausage Casserole tonight to use up the leftover smoked sausage and the cheese sauce I overmade. I have some of the gifted potatoes to use before they start turning and think this is a wise way to use it all up.

Before you ask yes I did separate out the broccoli and carrots even though I bought them as a mix. It was a pre cut item that was on clearance for 50 cents in the produce section. I bought it because I never could purchase both fresh veggies for that price and bonus I did not have to chop these. Phillip likes to snack on the carrots during the day with some ranch dressing so I kept them out for him and just steamed the broccoli for dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment