Friday, June 26, 2015

Grilled Cheese and Clearing out the Fridge

I will have to get a picture of the fridge over the next couple of days. I keep saying this because photos keep circulating on Facebook of 2 fridges side by side. One is supposedly of someone who is on public assistance and it is piled to the rafters with processed foods, the other is supposedly of someone who is middle class and it is empty. I have really always considered myself middle class, maybe lower middle class but middle class none the less. Food has really never been an issue and even right now we will not starve. The issue now is we might not be able to eat what we want or as much as we would like. I have to plan better and not make misjudgements or waste anything. Anyway, that photo is coming!

Last night I picked up the kids from the sitter as Phillip had 2 interviews yesterday, our fingers are crossed that something comes of one of them. Logan and I talked about dinner on the way home and he decided that grilled cheese with bacon on them sounded good. It did sound good especially since I had exactly 3 slices of cheese left and the partial package of bacon I needed to cook. This also helped use up some of the loaf of bread still on the counter. I am afraid it will start molding soon so I have been having toast for breakfast. Logan ended up wanting 2 sandwiches and I fixed Phillip 2 which for those who are keeping count equals more than the 3 cheese slices I had left, so I ended up slicing some off a block of colby jack cheese I had to use on the additional sandwiches. The boys were none the wiser and I really enjoyed my bacon filled grilled cheese. Poor Clark ended up having sweet potatoes and baby cereal although he did not seem too worried about it.

Getting ready to work on my list for this weekend and what I am going to cook for dinner tonight as I currently have no ideas and nothing thawing.

The list is done and listed below, now let's see how much of it actually gets done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment