Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Just no Title for this Weekend

As my post of Friday afternoon alluded to it was going to a busy weekend and it was. The kids certainly made me laugh but were not helping my sanity.  Headed home after work with the plan to get dinner and start on my to-do list. Dinner happened, to do list not so much.  Decided to make Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake for dinner so as soon as I got home I shucked the ears of corn I had left and got them on the stove. I used up the leftover black beans, Spanish rice, a partial can of ro-tel, some sour cream and the leftover pork loin. Once the corn was done I took it off the cob and stirred it in also. Threw it all in the oven and despite the substitute of pork for chicken it came out great!

Friday night is also when Phillip and I discussed our July budget which was stressful for both of us. We are trying to make it without robbing the small amount I have in a "vacation" account which really looks like the money I will need to go home for a funeral as I have a few very sick relatives. I also do not want to touch the money in the kids accounts. Anyway this discussion led to us deciding no sitter days this month for Phillip unless he is going to an interview. Even with this and paying the minimum on my student loans rather than the extra we were about $500 short. A suggestion on my part to sell an older camera we had worked out and with an extra lens Phillip netted $300 so this left $200 that needs to be earned/found over the course of the month and nothing in the budget can be deviated from.

This of course necessitated hurrying up on the section of the list which was take pictures of items and list them on ebay, craigslist, FB sale groups and items to trade on my trade group's page. Friday night I started getting messages about items. Trades were scheduled and a couple of sale meetings set up.

Both kids went to bed ok but the tiny one decided Saturday morning would be a great day to wake up at 5:30am.....the only day of the week  I can sleep past 6 and he was wide awake at 5:30am. This meant that breakfast, laundry and play time were taken care of way before normal. I got the car loaded up, a shower and the kids ready and then headed out for errands while Phillip went to weedeat the church's lawn. First stop was the post office to mail an item sold on ebay and then to drop items in the overnight drop at the library. After these 2 we headed to Lowe's for the build and grow and for once we were early and waited to get started. After leaving the build and grow Logan started pushing all my buttons. He said he was hungry, really really hungry and wanted McDonalds.  It was early enough that McDonalds was not serving lunch yet, they start at 11 on the weekend in case you ever wanted to know. Logan did not want breakfast so we got out of line and we went to Chick-Fil-A. This is where the child frustrated me to the point of screaming. He DID NOT EAT ANY OF THE MEAL!!!! We got to his friend's house/my friend's house for a playdate and the entire meal was still sitting there. He said he was going to save it until after we were finished playing. I had to take many deep breaths and just enjoy the visit with a friend. After leaving their house which was refreshing but which the children never want to leave we headed to the grocery store for a few items they had on sale. This visit ended up being $23.14 which I will add to the total and post as my June final tally. Clark in this time has fallen asleep which was nice although I would have preferred he slept that morning! After Winco I ran by the house so Logan and I could potty and put the refrigerated stuff away. We then hit the road again and tried to complete a trade. My trade partner had forgot to set the stuff out and she was out of town but since she lives on the way to the library there was really not much fuss. We headed back to the library now that they were opened and checked out some stuff. After leaving the library I completed another trade I had set up and then we headed home. I might mention that Saturday was also my mom's birthday and we spent until I was trying to complete the last trade playing phone tag with her. We finally got her and Logan sang her his happy birthday song which never ends. He just does not know how to end the song and he keeps going and going and going until you cut him off. After we got home and the car was unloaded I just wanted to sit and collapse but moms just do not get that luxury. Logan was finally hungry enough to eat his meal and Clark wanted to eat also. I put more loads of laundry on and went to work cleaning out the refrigerator. I managed to get the fridge cleaned including the drawers and started with at least getting grapes into the dehydrator. Dinner was up after a little bit and that was a steak I found in the freezer and had put in the fridge to thaw. Threw that on the grill after a short marinade and made some mac and cheese.  Once dinner and baths were complete kitchen clean up began.  By the time this was done more laundry needed to be done and Clark was going down for the night. Phillip took his medicine and was down not long after. I was still working on some stuff on the computer so Logan came in with me. He wanted me to rock him which was not really possible in the office chair so I just held him and then he wanted me to sing to him. He decided on the sunshine song which I sang and then he wanted the dinosaur song. After I asked what song that might be I was informed it was the dinosaur train song. I ended up just pulling up youtube and played a video of the song. Once I finished my stuff we went to bed. 
The List at the end of Saturday night


Sunday morning the tiny one slept until 7:30...blessing I guess. It was at least better than the night before but still an hour earlier than we needed to be up. I went ahead and got up and got going on the stuff for church. Once Clark's bag was ready, breakfast was ready and Logan was up and getting ready I checked the stuff in the dehydrator. Grapes take a long time to dehydrate! Phillip got up and took his shower and then I got mine. Because we were up and ready earlier than normal I went ahead and put the cleaning paste on the shower walls and in the toilet before we left for church. This gave it time to work and meant I could just rinse it off when we got home. After church and lunch with friends we headed home. The kids of course woke up as soon as we got home so no nap for me. Phillip laid down and tried to take a nap while I worked on the house some more. After chasing Clark around while I was trying to get stuff done I just put him in the high chair and started giving him some of the fruit I was cutting up for the dehydrator. I really hate to waste and some fruit was getting a little too ripe to just eat. In addition to the grapes that were already on there I cut up a tray full of cherries which Clark loved, some strawberries, 2 apples, a pear and a nectarine. After I got those going and the peels/pits out to the compost bin I finished cleaning the kitchen. I put Crock Pot Chicken Tacos on for dinner but they ended up not looking like they were going to be done in time. I ended up making pigs in a blanket with ranch style beans for dinner. After Phillip woke up I went to work on the bathroom which was a challenge with Clark trying to touch everything. He was trying to lick the plunger and play with the trash cans. Phillip finally had to come get him so I could get finished. Phillip also had to keep up with him while I vacuumed and steam mopped the house.  I was soo ready for them to go to sleep and Clark definitely was exhausted. He went down without any fuss and I read a couple of books to Logan before he fell asleep.
 
List at the end of Sunday night

I had to be quite and get the chicken out of the crock pot and just put in the fridge for the rest of the week before I went to sleep on Sunday night. It was a productive and exhausting weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment