Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First Successful Quiche

I totally regret not taking a picture of my first ever successful quiche.

I left work last night and headed home where I decided to give this quiche recipe a try since I wanted to use up some leftover ham and I have 3 dozen eggs on hand. I have never had a quiche come out correctly. They are always soupy with water pooling in the bottom and bland. Following this recipe finally led me to success. I think it was the fact I blanched the asparagus and allowed them to drain over the sink while I fixed the other stuff that helped. Logan again helped me with the stirring and we popped in into the oven. 45 minutes later we had an awesome dinner and this comes from someone who does not like eggs!

After dinner it was bath time and then kitchen clean up. I started working on a project from my long term list by sorting pictures also. This is going to go over a couple of weeks at least but I am hoping to get them sorted and into albums at least. Those that are really good I am going to keep out and scrapbook as well as frame a few.

Logan and I read a couple of his books before bed last night and I flipped through a cookbook which I was not crazy about.

I had also not posted these on the day that happened but here are some bedtime conversations I have had with Logan recently:

L: "Mama, I want the green blanket"
Me: "Which green blanket?"
L: " The one with the rhombuses on it"
Me: " which blanket had rhombuses?"
L: " You Know, the one with dark green rhombuses and then light green rhombuses."
Me: " oh the one granny crocheted for you?"
L: "yes!"


" Mama, I am going to be a scientist and a fire fighter." then asked " what does a scientist do all day?"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment