Thursday, July 23, 2015

Books July 10th Through July 23rd

Again it has been slow reading lately.

I am almost done with The September Society , hoping to finish by Saturday so I can turn it in when we go to the library.

I finished Bet the Farm.  I still think it was information heavy and solution poor. The author did not seem to come to any real conclusions or offer any solutions to the problems.

After finishing Bet the Farm I started back on The Murder Room hoping to finish it before the weekend but with the kids being sick I think that is now a pipe dream. I will just start bringing it to work to read at lunch once I finish The September Society.


American Rose is still on hold while I waited for the digital copy to be available again. While I was waiting on this one I listened to NPR Roadside Trips: Roadside Attractions, NPR Roadside Attractions: Family Vacations and NPR Roadside Attractions: Postcards from Around the Globe. After this I still did not have American Rose back so I started The Quiet Man.

I got through 4 sections of The Quiet Man before it was due back at the library so then I started listening to Pieces of My Mother. The Quiet Man was informative but is of course very slanted toward H.W's presidency. Pieces of My Mother has been an interesting story thus far although I really do not like the narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment