Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Meltdowns and Tuesday Evening

Sometimes the weight of things I need to get done actually feels like a physical burden. I need to be able to release some of these items on my to-do list and realize that it does not make me a failure. There is only so much time in a day and I just can not work full time and be the picture perfect homemaker also.

Anywho, yesterday evening was one of those evenings where things got out of control and it was painful to come back from. I picked up the kids from the sitter and as soon as we parked in the garage Logan realized he left his new minions hat at the sitter. This resulted in him not wanting to get out of the car so he just sat out there crying. Phillip finally told him if he would quit crying he could call the sitter. If she had it Phillip would take him today to get it. This did nothing but cause more crying to the point he was throwing a tantrum and had to be sent to his room. After he had been in there a few minutes I went in to talk to him and made him understand that he needed to calm down and call the sitter. She was not home and rather than leave a message he kept hanging up. It took 5 calls for him to understand and leave a message. We did not hear from her last night but this morning I called her and will be going by after work to pick it up.

Dinner was hamburgers which were pretty good. Baths went smoothly and the boys went to bed fairly easily.  Before I went to pick up the boys I had swung by Target to pick up a couple of items. I spent nothing out of pocket because I had a rebate check and some giftcards from previous purchases.

Target trip:
1 loaf bread
1 gallon milk
1 jar nutella
1 can formula
1 block of cheese
1 pkg shredded mozarella
1 bunch bananas
2 jars of jelly

Total: $0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment