Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wanting to Practice Scream Therapy and Unfinished Lists

When I was a kid my mom used to go outside occasionally and scream. I did not understand why, she always just said it made her feel better. I now understand how being a stay at home mom in a really small military town with 4 kids could make you want to go outside and scream. I wanted to try scream therapy last night and I only have two kids!

I got home last night to both kids running up to hug me which is always sweet. That is where the sweet ended. I put my stuff down and after chatting with Logan for a few minutes headed into our closet to take off my shoes and put up my hair. I was in for a shock.....Clark had pulled over my jewelry container again and NO ONE had picked it up. Earrings, necklaces and pins were all over the floor still. I instantly turned to Clark in my arms and said Clark, no and pointed and of course he instantly burst into tears. So I set him on the floor in the closet while Logan kept talking to me and I picked all of the stuff up and put it back in it's correct spot. While in the closet though I went ahead and picked up the floor which was scattered with purses and shoes. After that was all taken care of I went to try to decide on dinner and was told by Logan that he let Turbo out earlier because he was going to throw up. It was then I discovered that he was to late and there was a towel on the floor covering the dog vomit because again NO ONE cleaned it up. I decided to deal with that after dinner and so got started on my own creation which again I should have taken a picture of . I baked 4 chicken tenders on 450 for 7 minutes on each side after dredging them in an egg wash and then "breading" them in a mixture of Parmesan cheese, ranch dip mix and a smidge of Bisquick. I served this with a side salad and garlic bread which I had in the freezer.  Despite everything else going on this was a good dinner especially since it is so close to the end of the month. As I said to my FaceBook leftover group necessity is the mother of all invention. After dinner I got Clark in the bath and then let him run wild for a bit while Logan got his bath. I was trying to sort through more of the pictures but it is slow going with Clark hanging on my pant legs. Anyway once I got Clark to sleep I went to snuggle with Logan before he went to bed only to discover that there are no sheets on his bed. They had to be washed and NO ONE put them back on.

I am trying to breathe deep because I realize that Phillip is home with the kids full time and nothing goes according to plan with that but I really did not want to deal with all of the other issues once I got home.

I got the bed made, Logan in it, my lunch packed up for today and then tried to read a little. I got very few pages read before I just turned out the light so we could go to sleep.

We shall see what tonight brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment