Monday, July 27, 2015

Busy Weekend with a Lackluster Menu

Friday night when I got home I peered in the cabinets and fridge for a while and then decided to fix diced ham and carrots in a garlic parmesan sauce over spaghetti noodles. I served with some of the leftover garlic bread.

Saturday morning is when we were off and running. The tiny one slept in till 8:00ish and I could also have slept in but Logan decided not to. Soo we were up and having a breakfast of biscuits pretty early. Once they had breakfast and were playing I went ahead and got a quick shower. Once out of the shower I started to dress the tiny one and managed to miss the pee he immediately streamed out. He usually does not pee with the diaper off so I was in shock for a moment. This meant as soon as he got dressed I had to start a load of laundry with the couch cushion covers in it. So before we left the house we unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and ran a load of clothes through the washer. Once everyone was together we headed out. The first stop was the build at Lowe's in which Logan built a wood plane. After there we headed by the library to drop some books in the drop slot. Logan is unable to check out any books until he finds the overdue movie he has out. I am going to make a library bucket that we sit near the door and throw items in that need to go back to stop this missing item business. Anyway after this we headed home to get stuff together for the water park and to have a bite to eat. I had some lunch since I knew I would be wrangling children and not snacking at the water park. Once the kids were ready and I had a bag packed we headed out for the water park. The kids had fun and I generally like this water park because it is small and usually not packed. Saturday though I developed a new pet peeve. Why bring your kids to the water park to play and then bring water balloons? Maybe it is me but water balloons are something you do in the absence of water to play in. Some kids do not want to be pelted with water balloons and then there were the moms in the same boat as me with crawlers who kept trying to pick up the colored bits and put them in their mouths. I spent the whole time making sure Clark was not picking up stuff and listening to kids crying because they fell while trying to get away from the water balloons or mad because they did not want to be hit. Still debating if I should send a letter to the city or not...in addition to my issues it also creates litter that someone has to clean up.

After leaving the water park we went home where Clark took a nap and I was really hoping that I could also but Logan was having none of that sleep stuff. We were only home for a few minutes, which was enough to start another load of laundry with the water park items before Phillip got home from weed eating the church's lawn.  Since he was home and Clark was asleep I messaged the group and went to set up for my group's monthly food donation drop off. This month we were helping a single mom with 2 toddlers who was not eating so that her kids could eat. I set up there for an hour and read in between drop offs. It was quite and I made a dent in the book I was trying to finish up. Once I got home I unloaded the trunk and talked some more to Phillip. I needed to get some work done on the house so I started picking up while waiting on another person who was dropping off their donation at the house. Once she came by and dropped off we finished vacuuming the house and then started on dinner. Logan got his wish and we made bacon and pancakes. I wish I had taken a picture of Logan when he was helping me cook. He always wears an apron and this time he said " Mama, we are bakers, we need hats like bakers, why do bakers wear hats?" He is always chatting and his conversations make me laugh.  After dinner was baths and then bedtime which was not hard since they had played so hard all day.

Clark again slept all night and Logan did not. This meant that we were up and ready in plenty of time to get to church on time. Clark was extremely fussy and so I ducked out of service and took him up to the nursery. He played for a little bit and then let me rock him to sleep. Logan was disappointed that his friend could not have lunch after church. We went and had a really quick lunch and then started home. I was supposed to have a trade and pick up a donation on the way home but neither worked out so I just headed home. Both kids were asleep by the time we got home so I left them with Phillip and then headed to the store to pick up some additional items with money donated for this month's family. Once I had spent all but a dime of the money I headed over and dropped the stuff off.
Here is what the donation looked like minus the fresh produce and chicken breasts I picked up with the donated money.







I am proud of the group and how much we have managed to help people.

After dropping off the donation I headed home and the boys were awake. I started working on getting the house cleaned again. I had a list and went off task slightly with cleaning out the bottom of the pantry and vacuuming that out. Phillip then decided that while he had the chance he would go to the gym and then pick up some milk for the tiny one. Once Phillip left Logan and Clark played for a little bit while I got pictures of the donations up and then Logan wanted to play on the computer. I set him up with the Lego game and then Clark and I steam mopped the house while listening to his labor and delivery playlist on youtube. Once we finished steam mopping we had dinner. Clark enjoyed some cereal, green beans and strawberries while I had queso and chips. Logan decided to eat his leftover lunch and then later had some pepperoni and cheese. Baths were up next and I worked on cleaning their bathroom some while Clark was in the tub. I had to finish most of it after his bath. There was more playing after bath time and then he went to sleep pretty easy. Logan snuggled with me for a little while but as soon as he was still for a little while he fell asleep and I moved him to his bed.

This morning both kids were up way before they had to be so I had some time with them before I headed in to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment