Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wednesday Groceries and Dinner

Monday and Tuesday night I put a bunch of stuff in my car so I would not forget to divest myself of it. Last night on the way home I decided to run all the errands I could and get the stuff out of my car. The first errand was to get by the library before they closed at 6pm, which is a feat when I get off at 5:30 and the library is 20ish  miles from my work. I made it with 4 minutes to spare! I was able to drop off 32 jars of baby food for their food drive and pick up 2 books they had on hold for me. After leaving there I went by the sitter's house and picked up Logan's hat. Next on the list was Winco foods, I wanted to check if they still had some of the same sale items. The sale items were not the same but I picked up some other items the people in the house wanted for daily snacks.

Winco trip:
4 boxes snack cakes
1 jar pasta sauce
5 containers yogurt
3 packages breakfast rolls
1 jar seasoning
1 pkg pasta shells
1 pkg marshmallows

Total:       $13.54 Cash

After leaving Winco I ran into Racetrac which is practically next door and used my sodapalooza cup for a free drink. This meant I was pushing it to get by Goodwill before they closed to drop off the donation I was carrying around in the car. I made it barely but this meant all my errands were taken care of. Once home I partially unloaded the car and scanned in the grocery items to 1 app before tackling dinner. I decided to go with meatloaf "muffins" because they are tasty and quick. I used a tube of semi stale Ritz vegetable crackers in them rather than breadcrumbs or oatmeal. Making them in the muffin pan saves an amazing amount of time. You just cook them for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.

This was after dinner, the leftovers will make great lunches or a meatball sub sandwich. It was served with shells and cheese which is one of Logan's favorites. Dinner was followed by baths and me cleaning the boys bathroom while Clark was playing in the tub. Clark was actually soo sleepy that he went to bed while Logan was getting his bath so I finished up the bathroom after Logan got out. Once that was accomplished I checked some stuff online and then read to Logan before he went to bed. My mind was racing so I watched a little TV before falling asleep myself.

Today's list includes getting the boy's room cleaned up and their clothes put up. I was hoping to work on the mending but just not seeing that being accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment