Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Books July 24th through July 29th


I finished The September Society and found it was not as good as the first book in the series. I may put this series on hold until I have read other things on my list and then come back for one more. If the third one is mediocre also then I will dump the series completely.

I decided to not split my attention and just focus on getting through The Murder Room which is coming to a close finally.

As far as book I am listening to I managed to finish Pieces of My Mother this morning. I hate to give heartbreaking books about someone's life a bad review but while I am sad for the experiences the author went through the book was disappointing. The book is billed as her making closer and understanding her mom through letters she wrote but the book actually has very few of the letters in it. The timeline is also sketchy and she repeats herself a lot. I think this one could have used some editing although it really did renew my desire to write letters to people so they have something tangible to look back on. Since I finished this one on the way here this morning I pulled Factory Man back up so I can finish listening to it and get it off my list. 

Right before bed last night I thought I would go through Fix-It and Forget-It to see if it may be worth getting. Nope.....sooo many repeats of the same recipe by different readers. I think I found one recipe I wanted to even attempt and that is just not enough to even keep this from the library any longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment