Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lots of Stuff with Company Part 2

The items I forgot in all of this are the "chores" on my list that my mom helped me knock out. The first was all the mending that had been piling up. She did the hand sewing and then entertained the kids while I did all the machine work. The next chore was going through all my jewelry after the tiny one pulled over the jewelry box. I have a lot of costume pieces and we sorted through all of those. She worked on untangling while I sorted them by type and got rid of the pieces I was not using. I also had a bunch of items that left the house in trade over the time she was here. I netted paper towels, toilet paper, canned goods, pasta, soap, and chapped stick over the weekend. These are items I am going to start taking pictures of also and posting since they really help extend my budget while also helping me clear unneeded/unwanted items out of the house. I will probably have a yard sale with a friend soon to purge the remaining items that have not traded.

Back to fun things with my mom. On Tuesday we took the boys to a splash park by the house and let them run wild for quite a while. It was funny listening to Logan tell Phillip about the splash park. According to him we were only there for 2 minutes. After leaving the splash park I wanted to take the kids to Chick-Fil-A to eat but once we got there it was soooo packed.  We opted for the other choice in the neighborhood McDonald's. Once home I put some pork chops in the crockpot for dinner. Once they were close to ready my mom snapped the green beans I had in the fridge and got them cooking. This is the Pork Chop Recipe I used which my mom liked.

Wednesday was the day I had to take my mom back to the airport but we wanted to do something in the morning before she had to go so we took Logan bowling. Our only problem was we went before they opened so we had to waste time. We ran a couple of errands and then headed back to the bowling alley to get our game on. My mom decided not to bowl as her arm was hurting from carrying the tiny one around the whole time she was here! It was Logan's second time bowling and he ended up beating me, my score was a huge disappointment.





The really bad part was I was starting to really hurt and feel sick as the day progressed. I ended up throwing up on the way to the airport which worried my mom. I am pretty sure it was a UTI and after 6 days of antibiotics I am feeling better.  Because I felt like crap everyone was on their own for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment