Friday, July 3, 2015

Getting Ready for the Holiday Weekend Sort Of

Last night I needed to pick up formula on the way home from work so Clark would have something to eat today. Countdown to milk has commenced , 7 days until we can ditch the formula and save a ton of money! Anyway, the first store I went to close to work was out so I made the decision just to hit up the Target on my path home.Target has some great coupons right now as well as sales that along with there location on my path home made them the store to shop at. I used coupons, cartwheel, bag credits and rebate checks to get the following items (minus formula) for $1.87!

Target Trip:
1lb hamburger meat
3 cans of puffs for Clark
2 jars spaghetti sauce
2 bottles apple juice

TOTAL:      $1.87, this was off a gift card so not counting toward monthly total.


After taking care of this I headed home to the chaos that was waiting for me. Evidently sometime during the day Clark was no longer content playing with the bracelets I allowed them to play with and pulled my entire jewelry box down....the closet was a messy tangle of everything I own. I was going to go through it and purge but now I guess I am forced to.  That mess will wait until I get home tonight, I kept putting it off last night because I just did not want to deal with it. Dinner was the leftover spaghetti noodles, sauce and tomato sauce I had in the fridge along with the rest of the shredded cheese. I turned it into baked spaghetti and served that for dinner along with the garlic bread I bought at Winco the other day. After dinner I went to give Clark a bath and remembered I had not washed the bathtub after Turbo's bath. So Clark had to play on the bathroom floor while I cleaned the bathtub and then the kids were able to get their baths. After bathtime they played for a while which gave me a chance to load the dishwasher. After Clark went to sleep I payed some bills online and then read 2 books to Logan before I fell asleep.

This morning I was reminded why I need to make lists and operate off them....I needed to make more daily shower cleaner last night and I forgot so there was not any to spray down the shower with this morning. It is definitely going on the list I am about to make for the weekend. I am also a bit overwhelmed in the work I need to do on my target grocery list. I follow TotallyTarget and she has been listing a ton of matchups that will benefit me, coordinating this with my list and monthly menu is just a bunch of time consuming work.

I will post the weekend's to-do list later and once my monthly calendar is done possibly post that.

No comments:

Post a Comment