Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day Off the Rails and Swerving to Get Back on

Last night I picked up one of my last free drinks in my sodapalooza cup on the way home from work. I then ran by Winco to take advantage of a couple of rebate offers. I have $.75 off seasoning and $1.00 off gold peak tea. The seasonings were $1.00 and the tea $1.18 so I was able to purchase both for under $.50. After running by and picking these up I went into the Racetrac next door and got another free drink.

Once home dinner was a frozen pizza that I had on hand which of course meant we ate early. After dinner Clark got his bath and then played for a little bit. While he played I started working on my list for the evening. First thing was to clean up from dinner and then steam mop the kitchen again. Once we accomplished that and Logan was out of the bath we worked on cleaning the floor in their bathroom. I pulled everything out and vacuumed it again. Logan wanted to mop it so I let him and while it dried we went to work on other things. Clark's high chair sits right next to the bookshelf cabinet we have on the island with my cookbooks on it. They tend to get bits of stuff dropped on them from his dinner. So last night we cleaned all the books off the shelf. Wiped the shelves and the cabinet down, oil soaped them, and then wiped the cookbooks down. I also used this chance to go through the cookbooks and purge a couple that I do not plan on using. I pulled my binders out to go through and put more printed recipes in. That is a project  and I meant to bring them to work with me today and work on it at lunch, that is part of the day that went off the rails this morning. After getting all of this taken care of Clark was ready to go to sleep so I snuggled with him a little while and then went back to the boys bathroom and cleaned the bottom of their toilet. I know it is very OCD but I hate how grungy the toilet gets in that strange crevice around the bolts. I also put the dogs dishes through the dishwasher and his toys in the washing machine. By this time I was ready to rest myself and had to let the last item on my list go.


This morning the plan was to get up, have breakfast, print out a pay stub, was the yoga mat which was the last item on yesterday's list, put dinner on in the crockpot and then go to our WIC appointment. I had put the appointment on the calendar as 10:00 and so I thought we had some time this morning. Plan was on track starting out. We slept in since I was not going into work and then had breakfast. I got a shower and Phillip headed out to get his truck inspected, an oil change, and go by the gym while I kept up with the kids and went to the WIC appointment. The plan was I should be done about the same time as him so he would swing by the WIC office and pick up the kids and then I would head to work. After getting a shower and breakfast the kids played some while I started a load of laundry and ran the dishes in the dishwasher. Logan helped me measure a baby gate I have up for trade so I posted the measurements and printed out my pay stub. We then all got dressed and as I was getting stuff together I put the paystub in the folder I keep all my WIC paperwork and noticed my appointment was actually at 9:10am this morning....it was 9:17 when I noticed this! I grabbed all the stuff and the kids and jumped in the car. We got to the office and because I was more than 10 minutes late I had to wait for someone else to miss their appointment so I could be squeezed into their spot. The 9:40 person showed up but the 9:50 did not so at 10:00 they put me in. This started the process which ended up with us being seen at 11:30. Phillip had arrived well before this so allowed him to take the kids home while I waited for the second half of the appointment. I got out of there at a little after 12:00pm and then realized I had not grabbed the other half of my lunch before I ran out of the house. I had a leftover hotdog and bun sitting at work but nothing to go with it so I went to the grocery store on the way and picked up a single peach, 2 bananas, a container of strawberries because they were on sale and a bag of chips. This all still worked out to be cheaper than going through the fast food drive through and I have chips, 1 banana and strawberries left to take home. The other thing that I did not do though was put dinner on in the crock pot so I will have to come up with something when I get home. I have some more ham in the fridge so I will probably fix it and come up with a couple of sides. My error this morning cost me time, money and vacation time from work that I did not want to spend. Here is to hoping things are on track now!


No comments:

Post a Comment