Thursday, July 2, 2015

June Totals and Heading Into a Tight July

With my fallen off record keeping it looks like I went over the grocery budget by $46.08 in June that means the totals were

$89.00 SNAP
$146.08 CASH

As usual when I go over I am disappointed. I need to plan better and waste nothing going into July that is what I am focusing on more than ever before.

I have always tried to think in terms of how many meals I can get out of a cut of meat when I was shopping but now that is almost the sole focus. Many times in the past I bought something because I wanted it or it sounded good at the moment and then I just made the best of it. Now I am doing what countless other poor people do I am thinking solely about how many meals over the course of the month I can get out of any item. I no longer can purchase whole chicken, pork or beef based on what I think I want to make it has to be based on can I get 4 or more meals out of this item.

With that said we will go into trying to make up the budget difference and grocery shopping for this month.

Monday after I left work I met up with someone who wanted to purchase extra diapers I had for sale. That was $15 recouped on diapers that no longer fit Clark. That also was $15 toward this month's deficit. After that I headed home where dinner was one of the chicken thighs cut up in marinara served over spaghetti noodles. This used up some of the chicken and all the spaghetti noodles I had on hand. The pasta situation at the house is pretty dire but hope to remedy that with some trades.  That evening I was trying to complete items left on the weekend's to do list. That amounted to working on the boy's bathroom some while they were taking a bath. Not a whole lot happened before we all went to sleep.

Tuesday night I dropped off a trade that had tried on Monday night to pick up at the house but it would not fit in her car. That trade netted me 4 rolls of tp, some banana chips and a lemonade. It was random but that is the fun of trading sometimes! As I was heading home it started pouring so hard I could not even see in front of me while driving on the freeway. This really slowed getting home down and gave me some time to decide to go by Winco and pick up some of their sale items. You know that the rain has to stop somewhere but when you are on that line it is always amazing. It was raining on the parking lot of the store but not the store itself. Anyway the purchases and totals are listed below

Winco Trip:
2 cases soda
1 pkg diapers
1 pkg cinnamon rolls
bunch of bananas
1 head of lettuce
2 pkgs of hot dogs
1 pkg strawberry
1 pkg bacon
1 container grill seasoning
1 can black beans
1 pkg snack cakes
1 loaf garlic bread
1 loaf bread
1 pkg hamburger buns
1 pkg hot dog buns
Total:                         $25.59 CASH


Once I finally made it home for the evening we had chicken soft tacos using more of the leftover chicken. My original plan was after the kids had their baths was to wash the dog. Phillip pointed out though that it would be useless since it has just rained and the yard was muddy. So the other plan was just to pick up what we used that night and get the kids to bed. Amazingly Clark only woke up once overnight and slept until after I left for work.

Last night I overbooked myself. I had scheduled to meet someone who wanted to purchase the baby bath tub I had listed. Since I was going to be in that location I also scheduled a trade for the same time. The trade came through ( jeans for Phillip in exchange for a closet organizer) but the cash person never showed. I waited 30 minutes and then decided to hit up Sprouts for their double ad day sale. I must look like someone who knows works there or approachable. An older lady was asking me about the chips. She evidently only allows herself to eat so many chips as he dessert item and they were out of the type she wanted in the sale brand. She wanted sea salt and black pepper and they only had sea salt or sea salt and vinegar on the shelf. I pointed out that it was double ad day as well as the 1st so they had been pretty busy over the course of the day. She was still not satisfied and went to look for someone who worked there so they could check the back for her. Later as I was picking out a watermelon an older gentleman started to tell me how to pick them. It is what it is!

Sprouts trip:
2&1/2 lbs peaches
1&1/2 pounds fresh green beans
2 watermelons
2 ears corn
5 bags of chips
1 bottle of organic lemonade
1 pkg sliced cheddar cheese
1/4lb gummy bears
1pkg pork loin chops
1 rump roast
1 bar of castile soap
Total:                      $36.34CASH

Once I left Sprouts I headed toward home, I was passing the house I had a trade with so I took care of that. I traded some hand soap I had at home for a Christmas ornament and a new bra. The ornament will get put away as a gift for Christmas. After I left her house I decided to just swing into Walgreens and get some apple juice because it is also on the way. This stop warrants a call to the store since they charged me tax on the juice. This state has no tax on food or medicine so I was really surprised.

Walgreens trip:
1 bottle juice $2.15
Total:                     $2.15CASH

After leaving here I headed toward home and nearly was in tears. I was still going to have to cook dinner once I got home and it was already 7:30 so I turned around and just picked up a $5.00 pizza at Little Cesar's. It was not in the budget but if I can keep from doing that the rest of the month I will work it out. Once home we ate and Logan tattled on Clark for the same incident 4 times. Next was baths and then doggie bath! It was sooo much easier to give Turbo a bath with the removable shower head I traded for. Once Turbo was out Clark needed to be put to bed so I took care of that and then Logan helped me mop the floor in the bathroom. The next to final task of the night was to try to pay bills online. The electric company that we use had their website down for maintenance, who takes their site down on the first for maintenance? After that Logan and I read some before he went to sleep. He tried to buy some time by wanting me to sing a song which I had to refuse. I was beyond tired and that makes me emotional and sometimes mean so I knew I needed to get to sleep soon.

Almost forgot the good news in here. One of the jobs Phillip applied for gave him a conditional offer and I found someone who wants to use the pedal cars he refinishes for photo props.




No comments:

Post a Comment