Thursday, July 23, 2015

Eggplant Parmesan and Sick Kids

Before I digress into the evening I wanted to post a photo I took of the boys over the weekend when they were playing. Logan had made a box into a space ship and was sailing around, Clark on the other hand has made it his mission to interrupt whatever Logan is doing.







Wednesday started out oddly and the trend kept going all day and through the night. I work with 2 other people and both of them needed to be off yesterday morning for emergency issues so I took the morning also and stayed with the kids while Phillip ran a couple of errands. While he was gone I did a load of clothes and hung them out on the line, ran the dishwasher, paid a bill, started working on the kids closet and got Clark down for a nap. As soon as he came home I headed out. I went by to drop off some trade items, picked up my free drink at Racetrac and then headed to the library to see if I could locate a missing DVD. After this I headed into work for at least a partial day.  I left work and made a swing by Sprouts to pick up some produce from their new sale ad.

Sprouts Trip:

4 lbs strawberries
1 lb pears
~4 lbs peaches
2 bags chips
1 bottle kids vitamins
1 muffin
1 loaf garlic bread

Total:  $14.17 Cash

After leaving Sprouts I headed to Winco to pick up some breakfast stuff for the boys and check their sale items.

Winco Trip:
3 boxes breakfast cakes
1 jar seasoning
~3 lbs bananas
1 loaf bread
2 containers cinnamon rolls

Total: $11.45 Cash

After Winco I headed home where I unloaded the car and uploaded items to my rebate apps. While doing this Phillip gave me the update that Clark had started throwing up again and once I looked at him I could tell his eyes just did not look right. I went ahead and started dinner which was going to be eggplant parmesan for the first time ever while Phillip and I talked about the day. While waiting for the eggplant to "sweat" I was holding Clark and decided he might need some fever reducer. As soon as the medicine hit his lips he started vomiting. Sooo clean up began, I put him in the bathtub and while Phillip watched him I had to change clothes and clean up the couch and floors. He seemed to be feeling a ton better and was playing in the bathtub so I went ahead and got dinner in the oven. While that was cooking Clark was dried and dressed in his jammies. Phillip and I then had a discussion about taking him to the ER if he could not keep any fluids down. He was acting like he felt better so we decided to hold off for a little while. I served the Eggplant Parmesan  with garlic bread.


Right before the chesse
Finished product
The verdict on dinner was tasty but a bit firm. If I make it again I may follow another recipe I pinned which called for the eggplant to be baked before added to the dish.

Clark also made it through the night semi well. He kept his medicine and night time bottle down and then woke up a couple of more times and finished off 2 more bottles. When I left for work this morning he looked a lot better and wanted to play. We shall see how today plays out. Logan topped last night off by getting up twice and sleep walking. The second he was upset that I had not given him any chocolate milk. When the alarm went off this morning I was definitely not ready to get up and face today.

No comments:

Post a Comment