Friday, July 31, 2015

Counting Down to the Weekend and July Totals

Last night after leaving work I went by Winco to pick up some honey buns for Logan since he asked really nicely and he has had to go without a bunch of stuff in the name of the budget this month.

Winco Trip:
1 box honey buns
~2 lbs bananas
1 jar pasta sauce
1 gallon milk
1 loaf bread

Total: $5.35

Grand Total for July: $139.28 cash  $89.00SNAP
Rebates received $26.95
Adjusted Total: $112.33 Cash      $89.00SNAP

I almost made it this month on budget! Going to work harder in August.

After I made it home and greeted the kids as well as tried to sit down but gave that up when I was turned into a jungle gym. Evidently the sink backed up into the dishwasher while I was at work and Phillip had to fix that and then run the dishes again. That news was given to me as I tried to figure out what we were having for dinner and keep the tiny one from screaming because he wanted to clean out the shelves on the fridge door and I would not let him. Dinner ended up being some flanken style ribs that I grilled with rice and corn for sides. Clark decided last night that he does not want to eat baby food anymore. He kept his mouth shut until I put some of my food on his tray and then he was perfectly happy eating with his hands. Guess I will be finding a new home for all the jars of baby food I have in the cabinet.  Following dinner were baths and play time. I gave up on really trying to get anything done and just went with the flow of the evening.  After Clark went to bed I had to make Logan's bed and then snuggled with him for a little while. It was still a little early so I read until I finished the book I was currently reading.

This morning I hit the snooze on my phone and then heard Turbo starting to throw up. I was out of the bed and to the back door in a flash hoping he could get outside before he started throwing up. Once I got him out and thought I was successful I noticed a spot in the hall. Upon cleaning it up I found out it was dried so sometime over night he threw up and then had to go out again this morning. I am a bit concerned about him and what he may have got ahold of. Of course this has happened in the past when he had too much people food which could be the case with both kids now "secretly" feeding him.
Both kids were still asleep when I left for work which rarely happens. I debated kissing Logan goodbye while he was asleep but did not want to wake him up. Phillip sent me a message that said he woke up 30 minutes after I left and cried for 30 minutes because he did not get to tell me goodbye. I had to call him at lunch and tell him I was sorry and that I love him.

The weekend's to do list will be completed soon but I know it includes a birthday party, a hair cut for Phillip and Logan as well as getting some more stuff listed on the trade site for me. I was going to grocery shop but think I will put it off until next weekend since SNAP does not hit the card until Monday. I will instead try to go by the farmer's market in the morning and just get some veggies to pair with stuff already in the freezer and make it through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment