Monday, June 22, 2015

Books June 9th through June 22nd

I am sad to say not too many books have been completed this time.

I completed The Job by listening some at home while cleaning up the boys' room. It was ok, it was interesting to hear about New York from a New York cop's perspective.  The more and more non fiction books I listen to about people's lives the more of them overlap. The officer who wrote this book worked the temporary morgue after 9/11 which overlapped another book I read from a medical examiner who also worked the temporary morgue working to ID remains. The book is not politically correct which put some people off. I am generally ok reading things I do not completely agree with, people come from all kinds of places.

The next book I completed by listening was Visiting Hours. I was not a huge fan of this book. I know the author was trying to come to terms with this event in her life but the book started feeling like her version of self help. There was really nothing I gained by listening to this book.

The book I started listening to yesterday was It's a Long Story by Willie Nelson. So far this has been pretty interesting, partly because he was raised close to my current home. The language is a little stronger than I originally expected but after listening to The Job it seems toned down.

Still working on The September Society which I like ok.

Also working on The Murder Room, the premise on this one seems better than the actual book. I am 100 pages in and have yet to figure the point out. It seems to be a ton of rambling right now which might be why it has garnered horrible reviews. We shall see if it gets any better of the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment