Friday, November 6, 2015

Sick Kids

This weekend was crazy even without Halloween. Friday Phillip had a couple of job interviews so the boys were at the sitter. I picked them up and on the way home Logan asked for pizza bread but I told him no since the pizza place was not on our way home. I did ask though if Rosa's was ok since we were driving by them and Logan was game for beans. I went through the drive through and picked up beans and 2 orders of nachos. As soon as we walked in the door the first words out of Phillip's mouth were " I did not know you were going to Rosa's."  and my reply was " I did not either until I picked them up". By this time I had made it into the kitchen to see a pizza and a package of garlic bread on the counter. We went ahead and had the nachos and saved the leftover pizza for the rest of the weekend. Logan was able to have his bread sticks and beans after all.

Saturday was a day Logan had been looking forward to for a long time. We tried to sleep in but the kids have no concept of that. Phillip ran a couple of errands while the boys and I ran some others. We went to Target first where Logan picked up a couple of minecraft toys. He had made a deal to do some chores in exchange for another mini figurine. After Target we headed by the library and then to Albertson's for a couple of items they had on sale. The last errand was Winco to pick up a couple of items and some things for Nene. We made sure to finish the errands in time to get home for trick or treating. Logan of course could not wait and kept asking every 2 minutes if it was time to go. After 30 minutes of this I was ready to say no to trick or treating! Finally it was dark enough for Logan and Phillip to head out. Clark was taking a nap until just before the first trick or treater came by. He just stared at each set of kids that came to the door. There were a couple of strange incidents where kids with no boundaries came into the house instead of just coming up to the door.  This was the first year I actually ran out of candy and had to turn out the light. I had Clark in the bathtub when Logan and Phillip made it home and after I got him out we started going through the candy. Bedtime was uneventful and I was happy thinking I was going to get an extra hour of sleep.

Sunday we got up and headed to church where we decided to go out to eat again and see how the kids would do. After leaving there we headed home with the hopes the kids would stay asleep. Logan woke up and did not want to go back to sleep. Clark needed to go back to sleep so I headed into our room to lay down with him. I was hardly settled when he started throwing up on me. I went to put him in the bathtub while I changed my shirt. By the time I put on a different shirt the water was running and Clark was sitting there looking at me.....he was also pooping in the bathtub. After a quick scoop and water change he was back in the tub getting cleaned up. Once out of the tub he was playing on the floor of our bedroom while I tried to get the sheets off the bed and laundry going. He was still fussy so I sat in the recliner with him and he promptly went to sleep. I really really debated putting him on the bed so I could finish cleaning but instead sat there holding him for an hour and a half. It was nice to just hold him while he slept since I know this is not going to last forever. I did try to get Logan to bring me the camera so I could get a sleeping baby picture but he kept telling me he could not find it. Because Clark was sleeping Logan was getting in his TV time before the chores he promised to do in exchange for the toys. That is an error I will not make again. The chore I chose for him was to clean up his room and 2&1/2 hours later he had not made any progress. Phillip was getting a little short with him and it ended with Logan being regrounded from electronics on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment