Monday, July 31, 2017

Last Days of July, Beginning of August

This week we are flush with fresh fruits and veggies. The boys and I picked up our CSA share and then hit up the farmer's market for more local wares. Clark calls them all farmer farmers and is excited to go see them. This time Logan pleaded for some goat's milk soap with a picture of a goat on it so that is what I purchased for him!

CSA share

Farmer's Market

This led to a menu full of new recipes



Sunday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon rolls
Lunch: McDonald's
Dinner: 10 Minute White Beans Parmesan Spinach Soup from Cafe Delites.  I used a carrot, the rest of the tomatoes and the kale from my CSA share on this recipe. If I make this again I would adapt it to the crockpot so the flavors have time to meld together.

Monday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Leftover Chicken Cacciatore, a nectarine and some cheese and pita crackers
Dinner:Crock Pot Flank Steak, steamed rice and corn on the cob. Let me start by saying I have a rice cooking issue. Mine never turns out right which is why I have a rice steamer. Even with the steamer my brown rice never comes out right. I never know how long to cook it and it is always chewy....that is until I tried this miracle tip from Pinch My Salt! Tonight the brown rice was amazing, it was fluffy and non chewy.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: PB&J, chips and a peach
Dinner: Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole by Jo Cooks. As always this dish was tasty. I do cut this recipe in half so we do not end up with a ton of leftovers.  I was able to use up the leftover rice and fajita chicken I had on hand. I was going to use some leftover corn on the cob for this but as soon as Clark saw it he grabbed it and ate it. I ended up having to steam some corn quickly to use in the recipe.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Leftover Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole, cheese and pita crackers, and a peach. 
Dinner: Potstickers and CopyCat Panda Express Chow Mein both from Damn Delicious. To be honest my potstickers ended up being Wantons. Both Phillip and I agree that when we make the chow mein again I will leave out the ginger. It was really overpowering in this dish and I would not miss it.  ( I did cut the potsticker recipe in half and still made an entire packet of wontons)




Thursday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:pizza out with former coworker
Dinner: I mixed up the list and made waffles with bacon and eggs

Friday:
Breakfast: Bagel
Lunch: Sandwich 
Dinner: Sonic because of emergency with grandma and sleepy boys

Saturday: 
Breakfast: biscuits
Lunch: Grazing
Dinner: Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment