Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Meals for the 2nd Week of August

I finally finished this week's menu. I was having a hard time thinking of what to make this week. As odd as it seems I have a harder time with more ingredients. Toward the end of the month I always make mention of having to get creative but I am finding that it is easier.



Sunday:
Breakfast: Kaloches and donuts
Lunch: Potluck at church
Dinner: Tacos

Monday:
Breakfast: Bagel with cream cheese
Lunch: BBQ provided by work as we had a working lunch
Dinner: taco soup

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Bagel with cream cheese
Lunch: Ham and Swiss sandwich, cheese and crackers, and strawberries
Dinner:Garlic Sauce Chicken from Diethood served with steamed broccoli and baked potatoes. Mixed reviews on this dish. I really liked it, Phillip thought the chicken was a little dry which with a cooking time adjustment I think could be fixed. Clark loved it because he considers the outside plants his so we used some of his flowers and trees in the dish. 




Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:Wendy's with a friend
Dinner: One Pan Chicken and Spinach with Gnocchi from Chelsea's Messy Apron
Mixed reviews on this one also. I once again liked it but Phillip was on the fence. He thought it was ok although he enjoyed having gnocchi prepared a different way.




Thursday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Sandwich
Dinner #1: Retirement party for coworker: had a roll, chicken leg, and smidge of baked beans
Dinner #2: Family dinner actually was 5 hours later and consisted of Mongolian Beef  from The Woks of Life with Chow Mein from Dinner then Dessert
I was able to use the rest of the cabbage I bought for the wonton recipe and the leftover spaghetti noodles from the other night. I did add some mushrooms to the chow mein because I like them and I had them. On the Mongolian Beef I left out the peppers and scallions because you know we do not like heat. This was a success. The beef was pretty tender and tasty. I no longer have a Wok so I used a cast iron skillet. This chow mein was good although I would have preferred my regular noodles instead of the spaghetti.







Friday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Gyro and fries with friends
Dinner:Grilled cheese! I used the leftover bacon in Phillip's.


Saturday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: crackers, ham and cheese 
Dinner: Drunken Penne Pasta from Penne Pasta in Creamy Vodka Tomato Sauce with Mushrooms from Julia's Album.  I used fresh tomatoes so I cooked it down longer than the recipe called for as the sauce needed to thicken. I of course used some Moonshine we had rather than the vodka. I thought it tasted good, Phillip thought it was just ok. He said he would eat it again but not in the regular rotation.

I looked for a recipe because I needed to use these up.




No comments:

Post a Comment