Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Last Days of August, First of September

We are heading into the last days of the month and even though I am disappointed that my grocery budget went over this month I am learning what does and does not work. This month the menu will not be as thin this week even with the pantry challenge. Saturday was my next to last CSA pick up and so the decision needs to be made now to continue the CSA through fall, change farms and use a different CSA or even just use the farmer's market.




Sunday:
Breakfast: Kaloches
Lunch: Mexican food out with friends after church
Dinner: Vegetarian White Bean Chili from delish knowledge. We have had this chili before and it is tasty and a good meat free option since I try to have 1 meat free meal each week. I used the leftover Mayo Cabo beans from Saturday's dinner and some chopped tomatoes also leftover from another meal.

I also wanted to use up some soft bananas and try out a recipe so Sunday afternoon I baked Double Chocolate Banana Bread from Buns in my Oven. This turned out to be really tasty but how could it not. The only change I will make next time is to back off on the cook time a bit as I started developing a crust on my loaf. 



Monday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Turkey and cheddar sandwich with chips and a slice of double chocolate banana bread
Dinner: Grilled Teriyaki Flank Steak  from Recipe Girl with steamed brown rice and Ranch Roasted Carrots from Six Sisters' Stuff.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:Ham and cheese sandwich with slice of double chocolate banana bread
Dinner: BBQ Pork with Cheesy Grits from Kevin is Cooking. This time I left out the cayenne pepper and we liked it better.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Treated to french toast and bacon by friend
Dinner: Soft tacos


 Thursday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: ham and Swiss sandwich with cantaloupe and honeydew melon
Dinner: Hot dogs with homemade mac and cheese

Friday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch:Ham and Swiss sandwich
Dinner: Slow cooker roast chicken from Chew Out Loud served with corn on the cob.
Saturday:
Breakfast: Shipley's donuts
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner: Broccoli, Chicken Cheesy Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment