Tuesday, September 5, 2017

1st Full Week of September


All the boys and I went to the farmer's market on Saturday and had a great time. I talked to one farmer about his farm share boxes which are a mix of all the meat he offers. I do not have to buy half an animal with his shares, I get a mix of pork, beef and chicken which works better for us and our limited freezer space.  Sunday afternoon I worked on the menu plan and was just in a place where nothing was coming to me or sounding like it would work. It is only Tuesday and I have already swapped plans.



Sunday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch: Potluck at Church
Dinner: Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup from Cooking Classy. I halved the recipe, left out the ancho chili to cut down on the heat and added some corn I had left over. I used leftover chicken so I just added it toward the end since it did not need to cook. I also used leftover rice.

Monday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon Sugar Toast
Lunch: Chicken and fried okra
Dinner:  Beef Stroganoff using up the leftover flank steak

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Turkey and Swiss sandwich with a pear and chips
Dinner: Nachos using leftover taco meat and beans.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:Turkey and Gouda sandwich, a banana and a pear
Dinner: Grilled cheese and chips

Thursday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: wings and fries
Dinner:pancakes, local bacon and fried eggs as well as cheesy eggs

Friday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: Turkey and cheddar sandwich with a pear and some grapes
Dinner:Chicken Bacon and Green Bean Skillet by the Classy Chapter with crescent rolls. I made this but just added the chicken and bacon toward the end so they would just heat up. If I ever make this again I would leave out the lemon, it made it way to acidic.



Saturday:
Breakfast: biscuits
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich
Dinner: Grilled Ribs, mashed sweet potatoes, toasted sourdough and a salad



No comments:

Post a Comment