Monday, September 11, 2017

2nd Week of September

Saturday was supposed to be the last CSA pick up but I received an email from the farmer that they were at the hospital with their son and so would not be able to harvest. The boys and I took that as an opportunity to go to the farmer's market. We did not purchase a lot as we got there late and some favorites were low or sold out. We did come home with the pictured items and have enjoyed some of all of them thus far.


Our total was $17 for the pictured items.




Sunday:
Breakfast: donuts
Lunch: Cheese Enchilada, rice and beans
Dinner: Homemade pepperoni pizza

Monday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch:turkey and cheese sandwich
Dinner: Rosa's enchiladas for Logan's birthday

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: roast beef sandwich
Dinner: 20 Minute Garlic Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein from the Recipe Critic. I used leftover steak (ribs) so I skipped the cooking steak step. This was a good recipe but I am not super happy with the noodles I bought. I will go back to my old brand which were sturdier.



Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:Pizza
Dinner: Pigs n a blanket with mac-n-cheese

Thursday:
Breakfast:Donuts in a meeting
Lunch:Turkey and Cheese with chips and cataloupe
Dinner: Carne street tacos using leftover rib meat.

Friday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich, chips and a snack cake
Dinner: Spinach Tomato and Garlic Penne Pasta from Cake's Cottage. I enjoyed this recipe. I did make a small change as I was out of plain cream cheese. I left out the onion and use an onion and chive cream cheese I had on hand.


 Saturday:
Breakfast: cinnamon sugar toast
Lunch: grazing at home
Dinner: Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak from Spend With Pennies. While I do not like gravy this one was not too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment