Monday, August 21, 2017

4th week of August

This week I am focusing on using up a lot of leftovers that were generated last week.



Sunday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch: Sandwich and fruit potluck at church
Dinner: Smoked Sausage and corn on the cob

Monday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Turkey and cheddar sandwich with yellow watermelon
Dinner: Pulled Pork Sweet Potato hash with eggs from 2 teaspoons.  This hash was really good and made me wonder why I have avoided hash for so long. Phillip's thought was cooking the eggs separate and then adding them to the cooked dish. I may try this next time since cooking in the cast iron skillet held the heat for a lot longer and cooked the eggs beyond over easy.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Ham and Swiss Sandwich with yellow watermelon
Dinner: Smoked Sausage and Rice One Skillet Meal from All Things Mama.  I subbed mixed veggies for the broccoli. I also used leftover smoked sausage and rice. 
Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Cheddar fries and hamburger with friend
Dinner: Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon by The Recipe Critic. I halved this recipe and moved it to the stovetop for a reduced time because I was using the leftover beef from Carne Guisada taco night. I used all the mushrooms I had on hand, many carrots and all the potatoes along with all the leftover beef. I have never liked beef stew which honestly despite the name is what this is. The texture of the cooked veggies is what always turned me off before but I will admit this recipe changed my mind. I loved the way this tasted.



Thursday:
Breakfast: Cereal and bagel provided by work for the first day of classes.
Lunch: Pizza with coworker
Dinner: Hawaiian One Pan Pasta from Taste and Tell. We did not like this one, it was so incredibly salty. I ended up throwing the leftovers straight in the trash.



Friday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:  Ham and Swiss on a pretzel bagel with watermelon
Dinner: Meatloaf muffins with cinnamon apples. I finely chopped some mushrooms and shredded carrots to add to the meatloaf. As always I formed the meat around a bit of velveeta for some cheesy goodness.

Saturday:
Breakfast: Phillip made cinnamon toast
Lunch: grazing while cleaning house
Dinner: Mayo Cabo beans cooked with bone from a smoked pork butt with Cheddar and Cream Cheese Cornbread from Melanie Makes.



No comments:

Post a Comment