Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Print Books Mar 7th Through August 22nd



My goal this year was to not check out anything in print, just read the books next to my bed....I did not follow that goal at all it seems. I checked out Pack by Jeaniene Frost as soon as I saw it was a stand alone book. I have really like her other books and thought this would be a win also but I was disappointed. If this one led to a series I am sure I would pass on it. I can not say I read the entire Carbon-Free Home: 36 Home Remodeling Projects to Help Kick the Fossil Fuel Habit by Stephen and Rebekah Hren since it was a step by step guide for actual remodeling projects. I really just skimmed through the book to see if there was anything that would work for me.  The Naked Lady Who Stood on Her Head by Gary Small was technically a kindle book. I try to keep one for emergencies which do not happen often but are known to happen. This one was a quickish read and I did enjoy the stories.  The next book took me forever to read. It was interesting and a topic I love but for some reason I could just not get through it in a timely manner. The Man from the Train: The Solving of a Century-Old Serial Killer Mystery by Bill James and Rachel McCarthy James. The next book finally was one from the stack in my room! Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson was good if dated information. Once I finished this one I registered it on goodreads and released it to a little free library. I continued in with Richard Carlson by reading Don't Sweat the Small Stuff With Your Family. This one was a bit more dated than the other book so there was not much information I gleaned from it. Just as the last one I passed it on in a little free library.  I did stack the books next to my bed by subject so that may be why the next book I picked up was Many Ways to Say I Love You by Fred Rogers. I love stuff that Mr. Rogers said but as a kid I did not like the show. I know reading the books was one resolution but minimizing our possessions was also a resolution so this book joined the others in a little free library. Next up was a book the boys actually bought me from Christmas. Never Shower in a Thunderstorm by Anahad O'Connor was a fun book of useless facts in answer to old wives tales we have all heard. I loved it and passed it on in a little free library so someone else can love it. An author that I have been following since her first book just published another one and so I actually purchased the kindle version since that is the only way it is available. Ronan by Teresa Gabelman was a quick fluffy read. I swear every time that I am done with the series and then I purchase the next one. One day I will have some self control and be done with it. Lastly for this time period I re-read Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon just because I wanted some smutt.

No comments:

Post a Comment