Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend come and gone again

I always have grand plans when the weekend comes of amazing stuff I will accomplish. Needless to say only about half of what I wanted to do was even attempted.....I did work on the flowerbeds at our church but they are not completed. Once we made it home from the church I took down the load of clothes I had hung out on the line earlier in the morning and put out a couple more loads. I estimate that hanging out the laundry is saving us between $30 and $50 a month on our electric bill which quickly paid for the $30 clothes line. After that the munchkin and I had baths/showers and headed for the library. After we made out with every train book he could find on the shelf and I had some more canning books we headed home. The evening was just a lot of working on cleaning the house and getting my trade items together. Night night time could not have come fast enough, the munchkin even asked to go to bed at least an hour before he normally goes to sleep. Sunday morning we were up and putting more clothes on the line, fixing breakfast and getting ready for church. Church was nice as I was able to read some while working the nursery. The nursery/toddler room consisted of the munchkin and a friend playing trains. We went out to eat after church and then home for a couple of hours before heading to a baseball game for the evening. Once again baths when we came home and no fussing from the munchkin about bedtime.


Tonight I have several trades to complete and then home for dinner and dishes. I really need to walk Turbo and pass out fliers on our street for Nextdoor.com, I want us to have a stronger identity as a neighborhood. We shall see what wins out since I currently have no idea what I am fixing for dinner.

The grocery budget has stayed pretty steady, I did pick up 4 gallons of milk on an amazing half price sale on Friday but have not needed much else since the trip to the commissary. I was hoping the co-op would be offering peaches or cherries this week so I could do some more canning but no such luck. If I come across a good deal I am definitely going to jump on it. As far as the budget goes I need to flush out how much canning my own food will cost versus buying from the store. the initial investment in jars is the biggest expense but I have been collecting them as I could for a long time. The health benefits and lack of trips to the store will be the best rewards for us I believe. As long as I am not going to the store I am not finding "great" deals and buying stuff we may or may not need.

Reading The Debt Free Spending Plan by JoAnneh Nagler currently for a different prospective and ideas on ridding us of our debts and get us where we feel comfortable with our finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment