Friday, July 12, 2013

Vacation etc, etc, etc

It feels like forever since I have posted which it nearly has been. I took 5 weeks off work to spend time with the munchkin and get some stuff done at the house. I ended up spending 2 weeks doing those items and 3 weeks driving to see my mom in Florida and bringing her home with me and running her around town here before she flew home the morning I came back to work. My grocery budget for May stayed the same as I posted on here. June totals will be up soon but it will look crazy since I was traveling, stocking up for the honey so he would not starve while I was gone and then having an extra person eating with us for a couple of weeks. July will look better but will still be over. My mom was here and has a military id so she was able to get me back on the base to shop at the commissary. I picked up as much meat as I thought my freezer would hold as well as a few other items I knew would be cheaper there. I do not really need a lot of other items since I was not home for part of June but I still wanted to do some canning so I bought 2 bulk deals through my co-op which pushed my total up but should help keep it lower in the next couple of months.

I also decided to work harder at getting out of debt and so will be honest on here as far as progress is going and what we are doing to reach this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment