Thursday, October 24, 2013

October musing

This post is not positive and I am not sure that I can put a good spin on it. My budget sucks for this month. I knew it was going to be tight since this is a 5 week month and I would need to pay the sitter for the extra week and then Halloween candy for the neighborhood kiddos. These 2 things I tried to figure into the budget and it looked like I could do it all and only be about $1.54 short. $1.54 is something I could have made up through my change jar or a smidge out of another category or heck even 1 sale through ebay, amazon, or etsy. This was a slippery slope which I slid down with one bad decision and unforseen life that should have been in the budget. I spent more than I could on lunches and a couple of quick dinners out. The life that should have been in the budget was the munchkin getting sick. By the time I was done with co-pays, meds and something to cure the dehydration I was almost at $60 so you can see how I am not sure how I am going to get through next week. I already dipped into the savings to finish out this week and I am hoping for some amazing sales on my other accounts to make that money back and pay for next week.

The positive note will be when I tally up my grocery total since I am sure I will come in almost on target this month. Also positive is the fact the weather has been beautiful so we have not run the air or the heat and therefore our electric bill should be really low.

No comments:

Post a Comment