Monday, December 21, 2015

Books Nov 20th Through Dec 21st

My turn for In Cold Blood came back round and so I picked up where I had left off.  The story is just so tragic and the book well written.  After that was finished I listened to A Duty to the Dead. I liked this book at the beginning but it became predictable and wore on longer than it needed. It is the first in a series but I am totally ok with not continuing.  Once I finished this one I listened to Troublemaker which was a really good book. I listened to this one almost non stop so I could hear the whole story. Tom Cruise was not my favorite before this book and now I really do not like him at all. Due to my speed listening session I was able to finish the book in a couple of days and then listen to Stuffology which has to be on the worst book ever list. The book had absolutely no point and I am not sure why I even committed any time to finishing it but I did. After that book I started listening to My Story by Elizabeth Smart and I have to say it was not much better. My wish is that people with a story to tell would get ghost or co writers who will focus them as well as be honest with them when they make no sense. After that nonsense I started Born to Run which I found interesting. There was a lot of information in the book and it jumped around some to the point I was confused who some of the people were but I still would recommend it. Yesterday I started listening to The Road to Character which I had originally started physically reading until I noticed there was an audio version.


Print books that I have read make a shorter list but are still present in my life.  I managed to finish Your Money or Your Life and did not really glean any new insights.  The next book I picked up was one I had previously started and needed to finish, Making It: Radical Home Ec for a Pst-Consumer World and really did not find anything new in it either. I had initially started The Road to Character before switching to the audio version. So I picked How to Be Idle up and that is where it currently sits. I am hoping to be done with How to be Idle within the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment