Tuesday, December 29, 2015

New Year New Method

The new year usually brings a lot of resolutions that we do not keep. I have been guilty of making these every year and this year I am sure is no different. There is a wedding I am supposed to go to in June and I am hoping to be a little lighter before then. The resolutions that I am hoping to keep are cultivating better friendships and changing my grocery shopping methods. On the first it is not that I do not have friends or even good friends but I feel like I am not as good a friend as I should be. I also do not slow down enough to just chat with friends. It seems that I always have something going on and they are accessories not the center as they should be. The second goal is to not shop once a month anymore which since having Clark has not worked. The boys drink more milk that I can store from the first of the month and these extra trips were really adding up because of additional items picked up. My new plan is to look at what produce I get in my produce co-op baskets every other week and then make a rough menu using these items. I will then shop weekly with $50 cash for items we need for this menu and staples. This will really be a change for me as I have literally shopped on the once a month method since I moved out of my parent's house at 18. Getting this zebra to change it's stripes will be something to see. The budget will go back to the $200 a month as before Phillip had been laid off since he has gone back to work and we will no longer qualify for SNAP or WIC.

Hope everyone has a wonderful new year and that you make resolutions for a happier you.

No comments:

Post a Comment