Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Books Feb 28th Through Apr 5th

Audio Books for this time period started with Crime Beat: A Decade of Covering Cops and Killers . I love true crime but I really could not wait for this one to be over. The book is basically a reprinting of newspaper and magazine articles that the author published over the years. After this one I went back to having my heartstrings pulled with storycorps. Listening Is An Act of Love: A Celebration of American Life from the Storycorps Project is an amazing listen. It may be just because I am a fan of the project and think everyone has a story to tell but I love these books.  I threw in a young adult book after this one. The Lost Hero was a decent follow up to the Percy Jackson series. After finishing this one I went back to the true crime genre. Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery covers a case I had heard about on various crime programs. This book really added nothing to the case and the going back and forth between victims was extremely confusing. I immediately jumped into That Used to be Us: How America Fell Behind in the World We Invented and How We Can Come Back. There were some points in this book that I agreed with and some I did not. What really interests me is what the authors think of the current political climate where the opposite of nearly every suggestions they have made has happened.  I finished listening to that one last night and started The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine which I have not had time to form an opinion on yet.

Kindle books have been active just because I have needed something mindless to read. Dragon Actually was the first and it was just so so even for a romance novel.  Next up in quick succession were The Beast of Clan Kincaid and The Rebel of Clan Kincaid and I will admit to skimming these. They just could not hold my interest which says a lot since I love Scottish themed romance novels.


Print books bounced around. I was still reading Becoming China's Bitch when it was due so I am currently waiting on it to return to the library.  Ties that Bind: Stories of Love and Gratitude From the First 10 Years of Storycorps is a really worth the read. After finishing this one I started back on Abominable Science!: Origins of the Yeti, Nessie and Other Famous Cryptids which is another slow going book. It is heavy on words and I am not moving through it at any reasonable pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment