Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The 3 ring circus act continued at my house last night. I ran by the library on my way home and then to Kroger to rent a carpet cleaner. I am having a trade group swap at my house this weekend and did not want to scare anyone with my dirty carpets. Once home the munckin wanted to show me the Rainbow Chard we planted...they are his plants if you ask him and they have just broken through the earth. He is so excited and once I joined him to peer at the plants he started petting then and talking away to them. I let him play outside while I started dinner which was yummy meatloaf muffins and homemade mashed potatoes. The Rachel Ray idea of making meatloaf as little muffins instead of a giant loaf has revolutionized my life. Meat loaf is now only 20 minutes from start to finish instead of an hour and a half. I used a pound of ground angus I bought on clearance for $2.00 and mixed in an egg from my friend's flock as well as some carrots I also bought on clearance and some mushrooms from the co-op. I added bread crumbs I had on hand and some whipping cream that was hanging out in the fridge. They were quite tasty and the mashed potatoes were the perfect side. I used potatoes we had from the co-op which were to small to serve as baked potatoes. After dinner we cleaned up the dishes, turned on the dryer and started cleaning carpets. By the time I was done with that which even though it is only 3 rooms it is draining it was time for the munchkin's bath and bed.

While at Kroger I did take a spin by the clearance bins and came home with some Kotex and Always products. They had them marked down and I had coupons so I came home with 3 packages of pads and a gallon of milk for $6.15 which was a steal since the hygiene products were the double sized and I will not need anymore for probably 6 months or more. I know TMI but it is reality and they figure in my grocery budget. This brings my total to $177.26  leaving me $22.74 for milk the rest of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment