Monday, April 8, 2013

I should update what the menu looked like over the weekend so everyone does not think we are eating beans and rice for every meal in order to keep the total low. Friday night I went home and made beef short ribs on the grill and served those with navy beans. The short ribs were a disappointment which I will need to contact Kroger about. The saw at the meat counter must have been dull since the bone splintered into the meat. We survived by having sandwiches and using the bones to make beef stock in the crock pot. I used up some celery, onion and shredded carrots from a past co-op pick up. I made the stock in the crock pot overnight so I did not have to babysit it, Saturday morning I strained it and popped it in the freezer for a future meal. Saturday I picked up the pizza after much activity during the day and then Sunday we had leftover roast from lunch (potluck at church) which I chopped up, reheated with BBQ sauce from a local source and served on the remaining hamburger buns from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment