Friday, April 19, 2013

behind

I feel like I am continuously running behind, like I can never do enough in one day to catch up. When I get home tonight I will have to post the receipt totals from my milk runs. I went to see my man Bon Jovi with friends last Thursday so the honey and munchkin were on their own for dinner. It is an annual event for my friends and I to see a concert, generally Bon Jovi if he is in the area. It is an awesome tradition which we will be keeping up forever!!! Anyway, you needed to know this I guess so I could justify taking Friday off work. I worked on cleaning up my house and yard on Friday so my BBT group who was coming to my house on Saturday for a swap would not think crazy people had moved in and trashed everything. Annoying point on Friday was some repairmen in the neighborhood running new electrical lines thought telling me 12 times that they made mowers that ran on gas was funny. First time haha after that annoying. I did manage to do some awesome herbed pork chops in the crockpot and paired that with asparagus and mushrooms. Saturday the swap occurred at my house with a disappointing turn out but I will survive because my house was clean!!! This however did not allow my OCD brain to rest, I decided since all the basics were done I could start tackling the bigger projects that had been on the back burner. I made a beeswax candle....did not turn out great. Beeswax burns hot but does not hold that heat so the center burned while the outside stayed formed. I will try this again but just dip them as tapers or use multiple wicks. I also made beeswax scented bars for home burners and have some peeps testing those. As soon as they give me their opinions I will know if they are viable or not. Sunday I made the decision to do 1 thing outside and 1 inside each day and that would hopefully keep me caught up. I am drawing a blank of what I fed everyone on Sunday night but I do not think it was anything overly elaborate. Monday was back to work and I was not really feeling good so I fed Phillip my pizza left over from lunch and Logan had grilled cheese. Tuesday after work I went to the library to pick up the blogging books I requested and still have not had time to read. After that I met someone from BBT for a trade which is still in my trunk by the way. For dinner  I made Terriyaki chicken in the crock pot, paired that with rice and a stir fry of mushrooms, asparagus and carrots that I still had in the fridge. By Wednesday I am realizing that I am emotionally drained but life goes on, I swept and steam mopped the floors after I fixed dinner which was fish sticks and creamed corn. Did I mention I am feeling drained? Last night a friend was over helping Phillip replace one side of our fence so when they were done we had spaghetti and then Phillip took a shower and went to bed. Tonight I have not even thought through what will be for dinner but I think I might make a fried rice using the leftover rice, stirfry and chicken. We will see what jumps at me when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment