Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I really think I am getting to old to be this busy! I am always trying to get one more thing done each day and there is still something that does not get accomplished. After work yesterday I went to sell a rocking horse for a friend to another friend , then completed 2 trades which netted me a tunic top, some shorts, 2 vintage hankies and some free range eggs from a friend's flock. I then trucked home and walked the dog which I am doing more for some exercise than anything else. After dog walking duties I snuggled with the munchkin and then dinner where we tried a new recipe from pinterest. We had grilled chicken thighs and cheesy zucchini rice which was adequate. I think I will make it again but it was not something that was so tasty as to make it in regular rotation. After dinner there was clean-up, bathes, puzzles with the munchkin, 2 loads of laundry, pick up of our bedroom floor and vacuuming. I think I sweep and vacuum up an entire dog every couple of days, I am actually surprised he is not bald!

SOOOO for a synopsis of the expenses related to dinner. I made 3 chicken thighs which came to $1.00 ( half of an organic pack I bought on clearance for $2.00) and the cheesy rice which I do not have an exact figure on but I used a zucchini from the co-op basket, 1 cup of rice which I traded for, some parmasean cheese which was in the grocery total for this month and some chicken broth which was in the fridge left from a previous recipe. I think overall it was a good, inexpensive dinner.  I also have a dozen eggs which were gifted to me from my friend for going between trades which did not put me out since I also had trades with the parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment