Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sunday Funday and refund trip

Sunday I skipped church this week, I know horrible. The tiny one and I stayed home while Logan went to church with Phillip. After a morning of cleaning, baking banana bread and getting the tiny one to take a short nap we went to the trade group admin meeting which is the reason I skipped church. It was good to talk with other fun ladies and figure out what my role will be in this community we have built. After getting home from this meeting I cleaned a bit more and then took a dive in the Green Chef items and made the Orange Chicken. Below is a picture of the ingredients!

It was tasty, a little heavy on the orange zest but not bad at all. There was really only a smidge leftover so it could not have been too bad.

Monday I only worked in the afternoon as we were not open that morning ( illness with coworker). Since I was home with the tiny one while his dada went to the doctor we hung out and did a little more cleaning and a little more napping. I tried to go by Kroger on the way into work but the line at customer service was insane. While there however, I went by the clearance section and came away with the items in the picture below for $4.90
Since I was not able to complete the return I swung back by after work and got my money back. Once finally home I fixed the Elk Bolognese from Green Chef
I did not manage to remember to take a picture of the ingredients, this is a picture of it in process. This one was pretty good and definitely not gamey as I feared. After baths and clean up the evening ended but then ramped up again. The tiny one threw up on the bed and then started screaming and a couple hours later we had a bed wetting issue that had to be addressed. Thankfully everyone was off to the races ok this morning. Since I have fixed all of the Green Chef meals I have to come up with dinner from stuff I have on hand. As promised I will keep the blog updated on what we are cooking and eating on our new budget.

2 comments:

  1. I forgive you this time for missing church LC but I will have to dock your pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will really hurt Mr. Bill.....does that mean I will be working for less than free?

    ReplyDelete