Tuesday, April 10, 2018

First Week of April

This past weekend was a constant whirl, we had family Easter and then Easter at church with a potluck and egg hunt. That coupled with payday, first CSA pick up and getting grocery shopping done has left me drained. This weekend was going to be the beginning of strawberry season and I really wanted to take the boys to a pick your own farm but we have an 80% of rain which may force me to stay home and get neglected tasks done.

Let's start with pictures of all the produce I picked up on Saturday morning

This was the first pick up from bountiful baskets

I then headed to the farmer's market and picked up the following plus a cream cheese pastry that I promptly ate.


Following this I headed to the farm to pick up my CSA share




All of this great stuff of course led to overload making the menu again. I want to use up fragile produce first and other items I have on hand and this is what I ended up with



Sunday April 1st:
Breakfast: Donuts
Lunch: Easter potluck at church
Dinner: Smoked sausage and baked potatoes

Monday April 2nd:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Wendy's with friend
Dinner: Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Soup from Foodie Crush. I did use canned beans and kale instead of spinach since that is what I had on hand. The sausage was from the CSA pick up and the kale from the farmer's market. Served with toasted sourdough also from the farmer's market. 


Tuesday April 3rd:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Pizza with a friend
Dinner: Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken from The Recipe Critic. This one was really good and I will definitely be making again although I may cut back on the liquid as mine was a bit overwhelming.

Wednesday April 4th:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Chicken Fried Chicken with a friend
Dinner:  One Pan Roasted Garlic Potatoes, Asparagus and Sausage  from Chelsea's Messy Apron with toasted sourdough.
I made this one using up the leftover smoked sausage, 1 potato from the BB pick up and some onion from the CSA and asparagus from the farmer's market.

Thursday April 5th:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Ham and cheese sandwich at work
Dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs with toasted sourdough.

Friday April 6th:
Breakfast: Kolache
Lunch: Subs with friend
Dinner: Grilled pork chops, sauteed asparagus and mushrooms and grits



Saturday April 7th:
Breakfast: Biscuits with butter and jam
Lunch: Grilled cheese
Dinner: Crock Pot Cuban Beef from Paleo Hacks with steamed rice



No comments:

Post a Comment