Friday, September 7, 2018

Truth for Today

This falls into the truth category, my goal to recognize and sit with my feelings instead of running from them or pretending they are not there.

Today I am feeling a deep sadness that started after I dropped my kids at school. My younger son has been crying when I drop him off at school and today it really hit me. I sat in the parking lot for a bit before heading to work.

Once at work I realized yesterday would have been my granny's 100th birthday and tomorrow would be my dad's 71st. My granny died 6 months before my dad did and as sad as that made me I am glad she did not live through another child dying. She had already lost too much. I really, really miss my dad and wish my son's would have known him.

Not sure how long I will sit with these feelings but this is my truth for today

No comments:

Post a Comment