Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Weekend Birthday Parties and JBF

I knew going into it this weekend was going to be insane but I signed up hook, line and sinker for it.
Saturday morning originally Grandma was going to ride with us to Phillip's cousin's house for their son's birthday party. His birthday is the day before Logan's and this is the first year they have had a birthday party so we all wanted to go. They live about an hour from us which makes it 2 hours from Grandma's house and she did not want to drive that on her own. Plans changed though when he son who is the birthday boy's granddad said he would swing through and pick her up. This gave me a false sense of time then because I was not bound to a pick up time. I slept in later than I should and was barely out of the shower when Phillip left to go work on the church's lawn. The kid's were up and so I fixed us breakfast and wrestled all the gear we would need for a long day including a long car ride. We managed to get going an hour later than I had wanted to but I thought we could make up some of the time. Our first stop was the ATM since we were going to the JBF sale and needed money for parking. We had a hard time getting to the sale as it was set up at a local venue that also rented out space for other functions. Turns out Saturday the American Heart Association was having a benefit walk and so all but one way into the center were blocked off. Once in shopping was ok but Clark was a terror. He did not want to be in the stroller while shopping because it was not moving. So I was using the stroller to hold items while I held him and shopped. He then wanted to get down and that turned into a fight. I seriously shopped the items I needed and did a quick run through of the toys where Logan spotted something he wanted and the price was not horrible so I agreed to it. I also found a wooden shape sorter for Clark so with those items we jumped in line which took a while to get through. Logan was scared of the parking garage when we arrived because it was a little dark as they normally are and there strangers in it. Going back into the parking garage to leave just made it worse, he had to get in the car fast then act as the lookout for me while I put Clark in and then the stroller and purchases in the trunk. I made it out of there for $58.00 total which even with the parking fee still put me ahead as I have sold $140 worth.


Of course since we left the house an hour later than I wanted we were now running an hour behind getting to the party. It was starting at 12:30 and by this time it was 11:58, to make it worse my phone did not save the address and so I was having to text from stop lights to get the address. Once I put it in the map app on my phone we were off and running again....until Logan could not find the phone he brought with him. He has been using my old phone to play games and I agreed to him bringing it since we would be in the car for a long time. All I could think of was the announcement back at JBF for someone who lost their phone on the concourse. I took the next exit and pulled into a shopping center, the phone was on the seat next to him under some other toys....Back on the highway we went until I realized I was supposed to stop for gas. Back off the highway we went to a gas station, Clark is asleep by this time and now Logan needs to pee. I got the gas going and went through every option I could think of and the best I had was to lock the car, quickly walk Logan to the door of the gas station and point to the bathrooms. I then went back to the car which was finished and pulled it up to the front door of the gas station. I locked the car again and stood half in and half out of the front doors watching for Logan. Once he was out of the restrooms we got back on the highway. I evidently missed a car wondering if we were lost and then had my mom calling me to tell me my cousin's daughter was rushed to a pediatric burn unit with 2nd degree burns although she is unclear on the whole story. I also have the birthday family calling to make sure we are ok and at this point I was nearly there with both kids asleep in the back seat. As we were getting there Logan's friend was calling to wish him a happy belated birthday. The boys had a good time swimming and visiting with family. The picture I took of Logan really does not show him as he is too busy paddling around behind a stingray floaty.


Once cake and gifts were opened and consumed we loaded up to head back home. I went through a McDonald's drive through for Logan. I wanted something to drink and he also needed a powerade and some fries. It gave me a chance to refill Clark's milk and he promptly fell asleep. Once home Clark stayed asleep so Logan wanted to put his new Lego's together and I needed to make the rest of the crayons. I hurried and did the crayons and then helped Logan with his Lego's. We were half way through building them when Clark woke up. Phillip was almost finished with his homework and test by this point so I took Clark for a walk around the neighborhood while Phillip helped Logan finish the Lego's. I still needed to go grocery shopping so I loaded up Clark since Logan wanted to stay home and play and headed to Target.
Target Trip:
1 pkg socks for Logan
1pkg goldfish crackers
1 bag frozen chicken tenders
1 bag frozen grilled chicken strips
1 pkg smoked sausage
1 pkg dried snap beans
2 pkgs chicken legs
2 pkgs beef stew meat
1 container sour cream
2 boxes yogurt
2 pkgs sliced cheese
3 bars soap
1 bag dog food
2 pkgs feminine napkins
2 spiral notebooks
1 pkg markers
1 loaf bread
2 bottles apple juice
2 gallons milk
1 lb cheese
1/2 lb lunch meat
~1&1/2 lbs bananas

Total:  $43.72 SNAP
            $22.08 Cash

I have really been debating taking out some non food items when I total this month out.

After getting home and getting the stuff in the house it was time for Clark to get in the bath. While he was taking a bath Phillip started putting up the groceries. I got Clark out of the bath and we had a dinner of sandwiches while I finished putting up the groceries. I wanted to work on cleaning the kitchen after that but this is what the kitchen  looked like so I just gave up and let them play.




Of course not long after this picture it was bed time. Again I was literally exhausted and had not had a lot of time to catch up with Phillip so I think I fell asleep talking.

Sunday morning we got off to a slow start but still made it to church mostly on time. It was potluck Sunday so the boys got to play with Nene and Mimi longer while we had lunch. Once home Phillip went to the store to check on a suit. They were advertising some great deals and he needs an interview suit so I went ahead and worked on the kitchen and some laundry while he was out. Once he came home I headed to JBF to pick up my unsold items and of course it was packed so that took longer than expected. I did head by Winco on the way home originally for some trade items but ended up picking up some stuff they had on sale.
Winco Trip:
1 box chicken spring rolls
1 box chicken dumplings
2 frozen pizzas
2 containers chips
1 box raisin bran
1 container orange juice
6 yoplait yogurts
1 2-liter coke (trade item)
1 can refried beans
4 ears corn

Total:  $20.92 SNAP

After leaving Winco I traded the 2-liter for a full bottle of Murphy's oil soap. Onward home after this to get the car unloaded and dinner ready. I ended up cooking the eggrolls and dumplings I had bought at Winco....what happens when you shop hungry. After dinner the boys got baths and headed to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment