Friday, October 16, 2015

Menu from this week

This week I made an effort to go home from work and take the kids out for a walk each evening. It has been good exercise for me, Clark gets outside which he loves and Logan gets to pick up pine cones from the house down the street which he loves.  After coming home from the walks we would get started on dinner which meant it was a little late a couple of nights.

Monday: We had baked potatoes along with a green salad. I put spinach and romaine lettuce together along with mushrooms, carrots, squash, zucchini, dried cranberries, shredded cheese, bacon bits, croutons and ranch dressing for the salad.

Tuesday:I used up almost all the tortillas, all the precooked chicken I had in the freezer, and some spinach making Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas. I served these with refried beans and as always it was really good.

Wednesday: I made Eggplant Parmesan with garlic breadsticks and it was quite yummy. I will actually say this recipe was 100% better than the last one I tried and this one was baked instead of fried. 

Thursday: I of course had to make adjustments to this Zuppa Toscana recipe. The "sausage" I had was actually ground chicken with a spicy Italian seasoning so that is what I used. I also used a potato from my co-op purchase instead of bagged frozen ones like the recipe suggested. As for the kale, I had a bunch to use up so I put way more in than the recipe called for. It was a hearty almost stew but was spicy. Phillip thought it was actually hotter than the Olive Garden's but I am not so sure. It was served with the leftover breadsticks from Wednesday night and topped with parmesan cheese. 
As for tonight I have not totally decided yet. We have some leftovers but not anything I can really remake so I will see what I can figure out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment