Monday, October 12, 2015

Rest of the Staycation!

The other post was going on and on enough that it was not letting me add anymore text.

 Friday morning I dropped Clark at the sitter and took Logan to school, then swung by the house to jump in the truck with Phillip and Gail. We then headed to Canton for First Monday. If you are not familiar First Monday is the largest flea market in the state and only operates as the name implies the weekend before the first Monday of each month.
Amidst all the random junk and homemade items I found some amazing deals.


 In addition to these finds I scored some legos for Logan as well as jelly from my regular supplier.  It was a lot of walking which ended up looking like this on my pedometer app
We grabbed a hamburger at Whataburger which is our tradition on the way home and then picked up the kids.

Saturday Phillip had to go weed eat the church's lawn as well as film a speech so Gail, the boys and I ran a couple of errands including the farmer's market and then had lunch at Chick-Fil-A. It was the first time I took Clark into the play area and he loved it.


The boys were not finished playing when we left here so we headed to the park. Clark gave out pretty quickly but Logan had fun playing with other kids.

Of course in the picture of Logan none of the other kids show up.  After all this play we ran by the grocery store and then went home where I ended up detailing my car while I thought Gail was taking a nap but was really watching her shows on her phone. That night we had steak and cream peas from the farmer's market for dinner. Gail and I ducked out for a few minutes to the liquor store for some stuff she could take home for coworkers.
Sunday we went to church and since it was the first Sunday of the month we had potluck lunch. After church we went home with the hopes of naps but that was not to be. We ended up working in the yard for a little while and then meeting one of our cousins at Rosa's for dinner.
Monday morning it was back to school for Logan and then Gail and I headed out for a couple of errands. We picked up some more stuff for her coworkers and then headed to another Kaloche bakery I knew of for her kaloche fix. After that we walked around the mall to waste time where she found some more do dads to take home. Our normal tradition is to eat at Cracker Barrel before she heads home but this year she decided on the Cheesecake Factory so that is where we shared an appetizer and a piece of cheesecake.


It was bittersweet since the lunch was amazing but we knew the next stop was the airport. We were both sad to see her go and I could not believe it had been 8 days. After dropping her off though I drove swiftly in to work so I would not use any more vacation time. Because I was only there for half the day it went really quickly!

I had some leftover rice and mongolian beef from pf chang's as well as some leftover corn from dinner on Saturday and some leftover squash, zucchini and carrots from a veggie platter I took to church for potluck Sunday. I combined all of these for a fried rice dish, as well as some frozen broccoli I had in the freezer and it was ok. We did not eat the corn the other night because it was pretty gummy and I thought frying it would help but it really did not. Leaving it out would have made the dish fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment